Parts rig- lots of fun suprises! (lots of pics!)

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in the GV, the brake booster if its any good, seats and rims and tires. I am close and have some friends down there, I may be able to help you with a place to put the truck while your going through/parting it. where in tucson are you, I will pm you my number

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Update! Went out there tonight, batteries load testing great (they look brand new...) tried a few things, turned the motor over with a breaker bar. Finally the starter attempted to start the truck while making a grumbling sound as I was whacking it with a 4 pound sledge. Guess I need a new starter; Hope I can find one at a junkyard so i dont have to spend a ton of cash on this thing...

The horn part of the controls work; and I will test the cruise control once I get it going sunday or monday.

Break booster I have yet to find out if its good, power steering pump is leaking like a siv, havent found out where yet. Girlfriend is falling in love with seats while shes helping me try and starting this thing! haha. Def keeping rims also; Im sure at some point soon since your so close we can get together and you can see what else you might want/need!

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
If your gonna be sellin stuff off the truck... if all 4 wheels match ill buy them, and make a road trip to pick them up... been lookin for some good wheels that are 8 lug to put on my truck so i can finish the swap... these 5 lug rear ends just wernt made to haul 6600 poundsof weight plus the power of an idi

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So UPDATE!!!

Got it running eventually- had to mess around with it for a while, starter tested ok, starter cranked too slow to start, back to just clicking...

Got irrirated

Bought new starter, truck started in less then 2 seconds.

Drove it around for like 15 mins, ran great, shifted great, no power steering (arms are going to be sore!)

My favorite part- that banks turbo is great!
This thing has the same gearing as my 92 but that banks made a hueg difference! also has an amazing turbo whistle (saw a thread asking about that a little while ago)

Gearvenders unit did not light up though :dunno

Going to look at the wiring now and see if I can find out why.

Hope I can get it working so someone can enjoy it!!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in the alt. Pulley too, aong with some AC parts but i'd need pics of where the bolts went for the compressor if possible. Need the black box the evap is in.

Looks like the truck had potential minus wiring