On the Road Again---Makeover Complete...Well Almost

SKimballC

Reaction score
Hell yeah Tom, good work.
Check Tom's sig, his daughter's truck is called "Storm-a-Brewin'".

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. Proud really has an important meaning after the work and the smiles on your daughter. I did a body job and paint on my dads old 63 chevy with the help of my sister and 2 brothers. My dad had no idea what we were doing till he saw his truck sitting at his house about 20 years now. It was priceless. What color is that? It really looks great even if you call it a 50/50 job.:D

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Appreciation from your peers is almost as important the thanks I got from my daughter. Those last pictures of the finished product were just taken last Sunday night. She about cried when she saw the badges. She was jumping up and down. Her name is Stormi and when she was kickin' around in my wifes belly during pregnancy, we used to say there's a "storm a brewin" (already had the first name picked out and a play on our last name). Hense, that's what she got for her billet badges. She's very proud of them. :D

For those that asked. The color is the original '91 Ford "Dark Shadow Blue Metallic", Ford color code MJ.

And for those that are interested in personalized badges. If I can put in a little plug for Steve Smart at billetbadges.com. He can make whatever you want and the quality is excellent.;Sweet This is a part time business for him so it may take him a little time to get back to you, but you won't be disappointed. My wife has them on her truck too (others on OB have them as well) and I'm looking at what I want for my Dmax. He's located out of Corona, CA and is a member of the SoCal Powerstroke group so he knows trucks, not just a machinest.

My buddy is going to shoot some more pictures tomorrow so I'll have some better ones to post next week hopefully.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
;Sweet I see it now :thumbsup:

Good play on his name too :D

All it needs now is one of Aric's "Honda Killer" front bumpers :eek: ;Sweet

Geo

Actually, I've got someone working on a new brushguard for my wife's truck. Then her old one will move over to my daughter's truck.

Tom

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Looks Great Tom! Congrats on a Great job.;Sweet

I think it is quite fitting that you the truck had to drive through a thunderstorm on the way back from the paint booth, Talk about Storm-a-Brewin!

I cant wait to do something like that for my daughter, I can see her being just as excited as Stormi was.

What size BFG's are you looking to install, I have some 315's that would look real nice on that truck,..!

Congrats again!

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Looks good always nice to finish up a project like that espeacially when its for someone that appreaciates it good job

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom, that color is VERY close to Midnight Blue Metalic code 3L (Moose truck color). That's the second girl I've heard of named Stormi. ;Sweet

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the finished product today, and I've got to say how impressed that I am. Tom has an attention to detail that makes my ****-retentive ways seem almost normal! The truck turned out great, and the little stuff like the badges really set it apart from the rest of the crowd.

For those who can't tell from those pictures, Tom had a (brand new) set of aftermarket seats recovered in the correct factory material for a 1991 truck. The seats were pricey, the material even more so, and the labor to do it must have been crazy! They look absolutely GREAT. His daughter came out with one of the coolest trucks I've seen, and one that she'll value for years to come because her dad built it!

Ryan

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I saw the finished product today, and I've got to say how impressed that I am. Tom has an attention to detail that makes my ****-retentive ways seem almost normal! The truck turned out great, and the little stuff like the badges really set it apart from the rest of the crowd.

For those who can't tell from those pictures, Tom had a (brand new) set of aftermarket seats recovered in the correct factory material for a 1991 truck. The seats were pricey, the material even more so, and the labor to do it must have been crazy! They look absolutely GREAT. His daughter came out with one of the coolest trucks I've seen, and one that she'll value for years to come because her dad built it!

Ryan

Awe shucks...:D

Ryan I like your new avatar.;Sweet

Tom