Oil pan gasket?

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Brand new lift pump. Thats the only place i can see where its coming from. Everything else is dry. When its running it pumps it right out. When off it dribbles out.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well that great news... I like others here were probably thinking the same thing too. Usually someone will ask what did you do last to cause the problem... In this case I was thinking to ask about the gasket for the new lift pump but felt others would have by now. Asking these kind of questions can sometimes embarrass the original poster suggesting they don't have any idea whats going on. We don't tease members like that here... at least I wont. I understand how difficult it is to get a handle on these engines sometimes... I recall when I didn't feel I could change glow plugs, injectors or injection pump. My first set of injectors and return line kit ended up a desaster with a broken number 4 hard injector line... I felt I knew more than the engineers that designed the line vibration dampners... So I left them off the drivers side...:eek: I broke it on the way to work one day. Found it leaking fuel all over. Drove it into our main shop after work and tried to fix it... Not happening sooo. Took it to the dealership....:mad:-cuss The charge me almost $400.00 to replace one hard line... I was not really happy bout that.... So I learned something and have been learning ever since...

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
I knew the gasket was getting pretty soft i could feel it but I hoped it would be ok. Now i have to go buy some gasket maker. I had some when I did the bellhousinf but cant locate it. I know what you mean. Im no master mechanic but I do all my own work and try to put everything back the way it was.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
I dont think it teasing you have to ask those questio s sometimes to figure out what is going on and what has been done. I must say I like this site a WHOLE lot better than TDS. I actually gets a pesponse here.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
I got mine from Ford for about $75 each. Still need one more the nit cracked on number 6. Idk how it happend just noticed it the other day when I was checking the oil and doing my daily checks.

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Got her fixed up. Felpro gasket maker works great. Tweny minute job. Plus I cleaned the engine and washed the truck again. Good to go!

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine will have to be removed or if you feel like it would be easier. just remove the front axle and do it that way. i have did it before. but the old gaskets on these oil pans were made to leak...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online