Oil Filter - FL784 or FL1995?

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh

160k87F250 said:
I've got a FL-1995 on my 87 2wd. Fits with no problems.
John

I guess i will have to try it for myself. I had one to put on and a young man that works for me said it didn't fit because of tranny lines that run along the frame rail. Someone just had to prove me wrong, huh! cookoo

82fordtruck

Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
I do have to get the threads "just right" to get the filter on but once it gets started it's good to go.

this has been my experience as well. I have been running them for about two years now.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I have the NAPA version 1734 on both of my truck. The only issue was the hard lines on the side of the cross member. If they are out of their retianers or bent a little, then there becomes issues. :backoff

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Guntherx said:
I guess i will have to try it for myself. I had one to put on and a young man that works for me said it didn't fit because of tranny lines that run along the frame rail. Someone just had to prove me wrong, huh! cookoo
I'm tying to picture why your tranny lines are on the left side of the engine. cookoo Mine run down the r/s side of the frame then over to the radiator. Maybe it's the fuel line he was talking about.
John

snatchal

Reaction score
I'm tying to picture why your tranny lines are on the left side of the engine. Mine run down the r/s side of the frame then over to the radiator. Maybe it's the fuel line he was talking about.
Now I'm dirty, just crawled under my truck :D . One fuel line, one brake line.

Rob94F250

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the input.

I pulled off the FL784 tonight, and put on a Fleetguard LF3630 (FL1995 equivalent). It fit in nicely, although I did gently change the shape of the brake line running across the twin I beam. It is nice to see the bigger filter in there. I would say that it added about 1 QT to the capacity.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LF3630 on my truck as of last night, went on with no issues. Didn't have to move anything, was a little tricky to get started, but no worse than a regular filter, just a little close on the fingers. Also Installed a fram sure drain setup... but that's another deal...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I use the 1995 on my 1989 without any problems.... Till I really filled the filter to the top with oil. It gave me a bath so leave about 1 inch of clearance for that little bit of twisting it on....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle