Help identify a oil filter housing

Gonzo5927

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum. This is a new to me ‘86 6.9 IDI F-250.

Looks like an aftermarket fuel filter hoisnf with a possible primer pump ( spring button on top) and purge valve (black button on back).

The filter on it from what I can tell is a rated for coolant so kinda of confused on that. But really I’ve just been scouring the internet trying to figure out how to work this thing. I can’t find it anywhere. The only discernible markings are stamped numbers 267348 and some inked numbers that are incomplete 5080.

If anyone knows anything about this housing or can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4783.jpeg
    IMG_4783.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4782.jpeg
    IMG_4782.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4781.jpeg
    IMG_4781.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 6

Gonzo5927

Reaction score
The filter barely fits in place I’m hoping there’s a way to fill it after threading into the housing so I’m not spilling diesel all over the engine bay (again)

Gonzo5927

Reaction score
I love it, if you don't want it send it to me!
Never said I didn’t like it lol! Just trying to figure out how it works. Sat there and pumped the top button to no avail and hit the back black button a few times hoping it would purge air or something

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never said I didn’t like it lol! Just trying to figure out how it works. Sat there and pumped the top button to no avail and hit the back black button a few times hoping it would purge air or something
That's typically how I figure out how things work, just keep messing with it......... but if you get tired of it, I'd love to mess with it myself. It looks industrial!

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pushing the purge valve in. While holding purge valve in, push primer button down. Release purge valve while primer button is down. Release primer button after releasing purge valve and repeat until no air comes out of purge valve.

Gonzo5927

Reaction score
The BF5813 is a fuel filter/water separator (bottom drain for purging water).
You’re right. I must have typed in the wrong number sequence when I looked it up. Well that makes me feel better! Do you know what the relief valve on the bottom is used for? Is that to release water since diesel is lighter than water? Pretty nifty now that I think about it. How often should someone be opening that valve?

Gonzo5927

Reaction score
Try pushing the purge valve in. While holding purge valve in, push primer button down. Release purge valve while primer button is down. Release primer button after releasing purge valve and repeat until no air comes out of purge valve.
That sequence makes sense. I’m going to give that a try this morning. If that doesn’t work I’m just going to fill the filtered the old fashion way. Would be nice to know how to work this thing but not the ends of the world I guess