Oil Cooler

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil coolers (tube part)are the same between all idi's and early powerstrokes 94-97,and yes the end caps are different.

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should take a look at " dieseltechron's " youtube video how he changes the cooler. It does not only look easy, it IS easy this way. I did it on my Powerstroke 4 weeks ago, worked good :)
http://youtu.be/ZhTSfPspm9Y

Tube should be the same, end caps are different as C_Luft already said...

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea believe me i tried it that way but even with my big prybar it didn't move . That vid dose make it look easy , but i would bet thats a 2wd truck and he's on a lift also . Those front 4 bolts are a pita to get to . What about the 99-03 PSD oil cooler tubes are they the same ?

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh okay. Yes, my 96 is 2WD and on it it was easy. I accessed the front bolts from the wheel side with extensions and removed the water pump inlet to get to them. Don't know about the 99-03 tubes...

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i used a ratchet strap to hold up the inner fender so i could get my 3' extension in there to get to the top 2 bolts and then the lower 2 i got from the front of the truck . Either way you are doing alot of arm reaching to get up in there . my right angle air grinder with scotch brite pads barley fit up in there to clean the gasket surface , but i still had to scrape some by hand . Then i took off the steering coloumn by the box and it slid out pretty easy .

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
On my 94 4x4 psd, it was easy peasy to just pull the whole thing.
I've also heard the tube bundle is the same.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the tube is 1/4 to 1/2" longer on the psd, the orings are the same though.