Oil cooler O-ring part numbers

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Part numbers listed will NOT work for the 6 O-ring coolers
Pulled my oil cooler and was displeased to find the coolant passags full of RTV and two tubes blocked by (I'm guessing) some sort of stop leak.

None the less, I went to the Ford dealer and picked up 5 of the 6 o-rings (said they had plenty and I only needed four). The part numbers for the outer O-Rings was 1C3Z-6C610-BA and were $4.88 each. The inner ones were the expensive ones and had been upgraded several times. The part number for them was 1C3Z-6K649-BA and they were $11.79 from the Ford dealer. Now this is a heavy truck center in Kansas City (Midway truck center if you need their service) and the International dealer is right across the street. I had the parts guy call over there to see if I could get another one and was told he could and had one. The International prt number was 1807563C1. That one was a bit cheaper to purchase at $10.75. Not sure why I got it for that price because it shows the list as $15.99.

The outer rings from Ford were either a REALLY dark blue in color, the other one was noticably different and black. Not sure if one holds up better to the oil/a-freeze than the other.

Just hoping if someone googles this for the part number, this site comes up and gains some membership power.

I will post my build pix of the cooler in a bit.

SWS

Last edited:

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine and I bought the $120 gasket kit to get those cooler rings, I needed the rest of the gasket kit anyway, cause Im finishing my 7.3 buildup.
thanks for the info, I have 2 other coolers I cleaned and I would like to sell soon
Javier

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced the orings in my oil cooler it cost about 34 dollars in orings and 3 bucks in gaskets. I bought the orings through ford and the gaskets through autozone.

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone could measure the o-rings' inside and outside diameters and thickness, there's a place called Baum Hydraulics that has been really helpful to me with other o-ring needs, and their prices have been astonishingly modest. Their web site is www.baumhydraulics.com - it's not all that user-intuitive, but if you call them up, they are very helpful and friendly. I've done several projects where I got o-rings and seals through them that let me avoid 'rebuild kits' for things like hydraulic motors & valves- and I spent $5 or $10 instead of $50-200 to get the job done. And their parts have held up fine.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
These part numbers are found in the Parts Bin.....;Sweet

Parts bin?

I googled this several different ways and there were pages of crap but none had the part numbers listed. I figured I would post it like that and hopefully it would get somebody else a leg up...and a good place to start my thread.

SWS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its found at the top of the idi page under thech articles. Click it and scroll down till you located it, then click on the parts bin by Towcat... Such a wealth of free information to be had there....;Sweet:sly

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Hmmm...here I was trying to be all helpfull and stuff and was kicked in the man parts. Back to the bottom with me. None the less, there will be pix by tomorrow.

SWS

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Helping is why were here and getting help is easy.

I did that job a while back, was helped at the time, now trying to help.

1C3Z-6K649 "O" ring (the thick one) 09/09 $11.12ea.
1C3Z-6C610 "O" ring ( the thinner one) 09/09 $4.52

the gasgets ran less than $10.00, what a deal! (Napa)

All Ford part # from the invoice dated 09/23/09

OBTW they say the old 6 ring system is replaced with the 4 ring system, the really thin O rings are obsolete.(per Ford)
Unquote

As far as I can tell, those part numbers are not in the parts bin.

LCjeff

I'm sure no disrespect was intended.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...here I was trying to be all helpfull and stuff and was kicked in the man parts. Back to the bottom with me. None the less, there will be pix by tomorrow.

SWS

Your posts were helpfull. They contained pricing info, which we don't include in the Parts Bin. The problem with being a regular here, is that you sometimes forget what is old and established. Sometimes only the new guys can find that stuff. LOL

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Click on pic 14 views. This was a nasty one with the ends all corroded, just sanded them down best as possible.

If you haven't done yours yet, here is some pic's of how I do mine. I used a rubber mallet to knock the ends off, and used an extendable clamp to squeeze them back on. Use plenty of vasoline on the o'rings and ends. A thin layer of RTV on the ends to hold the gaskets to them, let RTV set up for about 1/2 hr. with the gaskets on the ends. I've done 4 this way without any leaks afterwards. The gaskets from Azone come with 3 gaskets for both versions of the oil coolers. Good deals at IH also.

Most times I found a lot of RTV and other gunk blocking the tubes, sight down thru them before assembling the ends.

Last edited:

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Well...bad news. The o-rings for the 7.3 will NOT fit the 6.9. I am going to a specific rubber store today to try to source them. I will let you know.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Found some o-rings that I purchased. It was worth $30ish dollars to make this trip...Yeah, I spent $1.30 on all four o-rings. They apparently go by numbers like 312 or something like that. The first number is the diameter (inside) which is 3 I think (since it was like 3"), and the 12 is the thickness. I THINK that was the PN, but I...uhhh...lost the reciept with the number on it. Now sure how this happened, but I bet I left it there.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin