Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

1994IDI

Reaction score
Heath, I've been thinking I should see some new scenery. I've got lodging in Evansville, if there's any hope of finishing the CC before the rally, I maybe could come down and meet you.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ill head down and pick up Ron, Barney and Travis on the way! :sly

Ugh! One MORE thing to do.:backoff

Heath if I didn't have 500 projects going besides starting on the growing repair and mod list on Goldie, I'd put Darrin up to that comment.;Sweet

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
You all ( Y'all) sound like its going to be a great time. Enjoy. Post videos and pix.

Maybe I'll be able to come next year. ( Changes at work made this year impossible but ....)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike, do you want to be rally convoy command like you were last year?

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mike, do you want to be rally convoy command like you were last year?

Mel,
Cannot. My job assignment has changed, and I have no free time throughout the day. I'm inspecting a new 24 inch high pressure gas main from Dublin halfway to Churchville.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I dont think I'm gonna make it this year. My girlfriend and I have moved in together so now I need a truck and camper that will hold all 7 of us. I cant get the whole time off work this year so I was looking at just Friday-Sunday anyway. Also her parents want to come visit that weekend since they didnt get to this month for the girls birthday. Since they only get the chance to come visit once a year we need to stay home this time. Also with the car accident its putting us in a little bind until I can get a minivan. Hopefully by this fall I'll have a bigger truck so we can all come to the Michigan get together if its gonna happen this year. I havent cancled my reservations yet incase any other member needs it.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Guys I dont think I'm gonna make it this year. My girlfriend and I have moved in together so now I need a truck and camper that will hold all 7 of us. I cant get the whole time off work this year so I was looking at just Friday-Sunday anyway. Also her parents want to come visit that weekend since they didnt get to this month for the girls birthday. Since they only get the chance to come visit once a year we need to stay home this time. Also with the car accident its putting us in a little bind until I can get a minivan. Hopefully by this fall I'll have a bigger truck so we can all come to the Michigan get together if its gonna happen this year. I havent cancled my reservations yet incase any other member needs it.

:Dobligatory comment on how women moving in will ruin your life :D

thats unfortunate, but family takes priority. you could always surprise the in-laws with an impromptu " get to know you better" vacation to illlinois and let them stay in the hotel.:sly

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
updates on page one. also if any one is planning on attending anytime over the weekend or who is staying in a hotel (they won't speak as to whos staying there to me) and would like to have there names included in the itinerary for the weekend drop me a pm with your name and cell number ;Sweet

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve, I'm sorry to hear you can't make it. Hope to see you next summer.;Sweet

Chris, it looks like it's going to be a great weekend! I'm getting really excited as time is getting closer and closer. I'm just a bit disappointed that I can't get the crew cab done in time to bring it. But, she'll be ready next year.

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TIMING CLINIC PREREQUISITS

All, if anyone is planning on getting their trucks timed, here are some things you need to know.

1) Before coming to the clinic (do this NOW if you a procrastinator), take a 5/16" drill bit, and stick the blunt end into the upper timing probe port on the front cover, and push it in until it hits the crankshaft damper, and make sure you can twist the drill bit. The bit should go in about a full 1" inch. If your not sure it is in all the way, start the engine and let it rub the damper. You will know by the feel if it is hitting it. If you cannot get the drill bit in, I cannot time your truck. These probe ports can have paint, rust or dirt in them and will prevent the timing equipment from being connected. Use the the flutes of the drill to clean out the port until you can do the blunt end test.

2) Certain air intake modifications either home made, or if it is a Banks square intake box like on the original Banks turbo kits, prevent good access to the injection pump and lines. If I see you have one of these, I will ask you to remove it temporarily for the duration of the timing process.

3) Clean your engine if you have significant oil, dirt, grime or whatever. A good soaking on a cold engine with Gunk Engine Bright or equiivalent and a forcefull garden hose will clean it up and make it more presentable not only to me, but everyone else who is going to enjoy looking under your hood.

4) Be advised that I will be sanding paint off of your #1 injector line. This is necessary to connect the timing equipment. Yellow tape will be applied afterward to protect the bare metal and allow future timing operations to happen more quickly.

5) Your truck does not have to be hot in order to be timed properly using the pulse method (which is how I do it). Feel free to open the hood and let it cool off plenty before you come to the site where we are doing the clinic.

6) Let me know what fuel your using and how many miles are on your current IP and injectors when you bring it over.

7) I do not charge for this service. I consider it part of my Christian mission, and no, I am not going to lecture you on the bible or anything. If you feel you HAVE to pay me (and I have had that happen), then please be prepared to give your donation to Chris Barber and family for running the rally.

I look forward to helping out anyone who needs the service!

redvetracr

Reaction score
I was hoping to attend Mel`s timing clinic at the Rally to get my 94 IDI timed, what are the requirements for visitation to the campground? thanks in advance