Now stocking Wicked Wheel for the IDI

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any new info on what happened with the wheel, I was contemplating one but am now second guessing that after reading this.

Jen@DS

Reaction score
Mel ended up having a issue with the fins hitting the housing if I remember correctly. We're still in the works of coming up with a solution for him since we were able to verify the wheels are the correct size for the original turbos from a few other customers and my own OEM 93 turbo setup.

I was just talking to Dan and Bob about this last night and I'm very eager to somehow get Mel taken care of. We need to address why it's hitting first and then I'll make sure he gets a replacement. ;)

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got a bunch of turbo cores and would be willing to test fit one into all the comp housings if that will help our community. Mel, I have seen some housings distorted by heat that needed some clearancing done.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Last I knew they had problems in the testin well atleast Mel did that's the last I knew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have one coming soon, im keeping my fingers crossed it does not hit!
this is how R&D work goes. gotta have a guinea pig!

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin at R&D is doing some testing on the wicked wheel to see if it is worth it or not by having people dyno their rigs and swap in the WW. He is posting the results to the idi page on Facebook. I actually talked to him last night to see how far he is on the project and he said he waiting for a guy to swap in his new clutch.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really wish a Wicked Wheel could fit my Banks wastegated sidewinder turbo.....:cry::popcorn

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were able to Get a bigger billet wheel for a banks, what would the likely benefits be? Interested for sure.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin at R&D is doing some testing on the wicked wheel to see if it is worth it or not by having people dyno their rigs and swap in the WW. He is posting the results to the idi page on Facebook. I actually talked to him last night to see how far he is on the project and he said he waiting for a guy to swap in his new clutch.

I don't think you'll necessarily see if the WW is "worth it" on a dyno. I think where a WW will help is keeping the EGTs in check under long hard pulling. It would be cool to get an impression from someone who travels the same route regularly with roughly the same loads and knows their truck well to see what kind of difference it makes before and after.
Travis..

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fully agree with your post but I would like to add that a dyno run will usually give you an idea of the efficiency of the compressor wheel. Usually if it makes more power, it will tend to be more efficient thus lowering egts. This isn't always the case but can give you a rough estimate and is a decently easy way to test a product under similar conditions.