Next up: Stack and likely a pyro.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Now that I have my Pensacola Diesel reman injectors installed and a slightly used reman injection pump from a 94 E350 7.3 N/A on my 6.9 I see the need for a stack....This thing will roll some pretty serious coal under anything more the 1/2 throttle....Much more than my 91 will let out. As far as I can tell the pump hasn't been played with (yellow paint pen on every bolt/adjuster) but I'm wondering if the rebuilder may have tweeked it a bit.:dunno....Let's just say for the 2 runs I made in the truck today tailgater's where not an issue.:D....

I have plenty of 3" and 4" elbows here along with a 4" to 3" reducer so all I really need is about a 54" piece of straight pipe to close the deal. With the amount of smoke I'm seeing in my mirrors I feel the need to put in a pyro kit to see just how hot the belly of the beast really is.....I ain't complaining -the truck is running/starting great now but this much smoke an an N/A engine irk's me.:rolleyes:...If my EGT's are good then let the coal roll.:sly....Once the stack is on I will get Goofy to shoot some video so we can compare enviromental polluter's.:rotflmao

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are on your way, Ive been planning stacks as well but havent found a good enough deal on the reducers yet.

The baby moose I got from Mel is the same way. Up to 3/4's throttle she pulls hard with no smoke, but once the pedal goes past that watch out cause the storms are rollin in.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I haven't driven it enough yet to judge how much throttle the smoke starts at but it doesn't seem to take much....LOL....I'm just going to put a stack on out of kindness to the clown behind me.:rotflmao...Having the exhaust dump under the bed causes a tornado of black smoke to follow me - almost like a worn out Jetta.;p

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove behind mine the other day when a friend was driving and could hardly stop myself from laughing. The exhaust dumps out right behind the tcase. When the smoke starts rolling it looks like a smog cloud and it rolls out from everywhere under the truck.

Its great for tailgaters, give um a little puff and they back right out. Once in awhile it takes a bit more but not often.

Im still debating between stacks or duals out the back. Stacks look good, but duals are a lot more fun when screwing with tailgaters.

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote stacks! I'm planning on doing 4" duals with 5 inch tips behind the tires on my truck but yours has the perfect spot for stacks.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A little update, we haven't hauled any serious loads yet, may a ton or just over but it works good....It really works better with the extra weight to keep it rolling.;Sweet.....As soon as my Expedition repairs are finished I'm going to fab up a 4" stack for it - video of it rolling coal to come.:sly....As soon as money allow's I will put in a pyro too, I got a free brand new pyro probe from a buddy so I just have to get the appropriate bung and gauge from Freightshaker to suit it.