new to the forum

m8094538

Reaction score
just figured ide introduce myself. names justin, i got an 86 f250 2wd with a c6 and a 6.9 with an ats turbo. this is my second idi but still learning alot about them. heres some pics, as u can all see mine needs some work but runs ok for now

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Welcome! I like your truck! I've always had a thing for black primer thinking about doing my stang that way!

m8094538

Reaction score
thanks bro. ive always liked the primer look too i just gotta redo it, didnt put enough coats on it and it has surface rust in a few spots now and i gotta get to the hood. so far its been a good truck had it for about 6 months but now the ip is failing. started to go about a week after i put injectors in it so i gotta get to that, just hoping it lasts another month or so to get me back and fourth to work so i can afford one

m8094538

Reaction score
thats my buddies 69 javelin. its got a 290 bored out to a 304 with a forged bottom, and some head work with a mild cam, i dont know alot about the build as i was only there to help throw it in the car. i was towing it to an exhaust shop for him, thing sounds awesome now but its not liking the intake manifold/carb setup so were gonna throw an edelbrock preformer intake manifold on it and get rid of the highrise single plane and see how it does. right now it doesnt start making power till about 3 grand and the borg warner doesnt like to hold gears long enough to use it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the finest group of knowledge about these trucks and motors. Even the dealerships don't know what several members here know about these motors. The bay area has plenty of members with lots of knowhow too. Just ask when and where to meet them. Usually we have a big BBQ in San Jose airport area. Its a great place to learn or just eat till you bust....:sly:D I usually drive up from the L.A area. The no tell hotel is on the cheap side too and about a miles from the meeting place....

m8094538

Reaction score
im only about 20 mins away from san jose so ide be really interested in going to one of these. from what i have seen this is an awesome site, and trust me i have alot of questions and when i get my ip i wouldnt mind some help installing it, kinda got me alittle scared to tear it apart with the timing and everything else being as the only other work ive done to the motor is 2 oil changes and the injectors and it took me 2 days just to get the crappy injector line kit to quit leaking.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those are really easy jobs once you know how to do them properly. About the return line kits. Roll the first o-ring into the top groove... Then roll the second o-ring over the top one and into the bottom groove. No chance of cutting them that way. Use plenty of lube so things slide into place like the caps. They need to fit down clearly away from the nuts on the hard lines. You will feel this snap fit. Do not remove the injection pump gear cover with the 4 bolts in it. That will change your gear timing and be a tuff job to fix the gear timing. Plenty of guys have made this mistake but we helped them fix it. Removing an injection pump is not hard but... there are ways of doing it wrong... Read up on the correct ways first or ask questions. We can direct you the right way and its easier to help you thru this than it is to fix a problem. No dumb questions have ever been asked here first before someone has done any work on there rigs. We can direct you where to buy an injection pump too. Nobody here makes any money off members here. Thats the truth...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle