New Project

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Well folks my old IDI has taken a bit much of damage/wear. brakes are screwed in the rear, need ujoints in the driveshafts and front end. Needs new front leafs, bushing in the leafs springs atleast in the front. just bushing in general. Front tank is leaking. The bed is screwed and needs a good deal of body work. So i may of purchased another truck

A 1969 Ford F250 High Boy
300 six granny low 4 speed
4x4 with dana 24 transfer (Divorced)
4.10 gears

The plan is to get the body and bed straight and painted. Then we either take the 6.9/7.3 (i have both) and drop it in there with turbo. at this time, i should lift the body about 3 inches or so. Im also going to replace the np435 with a zf 5 speed out of the 90, but im replacing the transfer case with a DNE overdrive. In double over would be like having about 3.42s with just a zf, will help at 70 and make the truck just generally more driveable. Ill probably throw her up on 33's or 35s.

And when its done, WORK THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

SO yeah!!!! Pictures will come soon.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats;Sweet
now do lots of writing and post pics in the conversion section:D
I'll be watching you carefully since my '72 is waiting for it's diesel conversion too;p

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Nice choice for the body - I love that body style era, those are just good looking trucks.

Oh yes pictures pictures pictures will be required.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
The truck came out of St. Louis. There is some rust on her but the main things like cam mounts and frame are solid. Towcat, I may be in need of some fenders/doors if i cannot find them around here, you wouldn't mind to ship that is.

I've got a good start on the project. I'm going to the junkyard Saturday to see if i can find a bed (don't like the longbed stepside) and a few other goodies. Then the conversion will start after the body work is done. (just gonna take the doghouse off and drop here in there.

I beleive im going to have to have about a 8 inch driveshaft between the DNE and the transfer. But i believe i can have it in in a weekend if i do the prilimanry stuff, run my return line and so on. Mounts arent that hard to make. Ive got it all planned out in my head. so yeah its gonna be a job

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online