NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION! Moose Boost turbo KITS now available!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it has been a long time in coming, but the long promised Moose Boost turbo system is now available. What's even better, is that this is the result of a joint business venture between Conestoga Diesel Injection, and the fine folks at Hypermax Engineering. These kits are a Hypermax built product, designed to work either as an upgrade to an existing Hypermax pulse turbo and Hypermax intercooler equipped truck, or as a whole new kit or combination there of. Final pricing is still being set, BUT, as an introductory offer, I am offering 3 upgrade kits at the lowest price we will ever be able to offer. Still, these are not cheap. These kits are for people who are interested in serious performance, and want the best running, best fitting turbocharger under the hood of their IDI. I do not have any pictures yet, but will do my best to describe it. Please note: These kits are available only through Conestoga Diesel Injection. Hypermax will acknowledge that they make them, but we are the exclusive distributor. This is due to me personally visiting the factory and working on the R&D. They also know this is a very low volume product, so its not worth their time to do tech support etc. We have decided not to include an air intake system with ANY of these kits. You would be left to your own creativity to fit the system with an air filter and piping. Since the IDI community has been doing this for so long, I decided this was the best way to keep the costs down, while allowing maximum flexibility. If there is sufficient demand, we can introduce an intake add-on, but at this time I'm not pursuing that.

The Moose Boost UPGRADE kit is $1149.99, not including the turbo. This takes your existing Hypermax pulse turbo platform and converts it to the Moose Boost platform. The kit includes:
New specially modified intake manifold (does require a core exchange).
Hot intercooler Pipe
Cold intercooler Pipe
Discharge (down) Pipe & Clamp
Oil Feed Line
Oil Drain Line

Your existing intake hat and pipes become surplus.

The new Genuine Garrett ball bearing, water cooled Moose Boost turbo (Just like the one Heath Sutton has been running) is normally priced at $1623, but buy it with the kit, and save $200.00. I've already expounded on the virtues of it, and there are older posts about this turbocharger you can look up. Lower EGT's, More boost, more power, and crazy off the line boost and abundant whistle.

If you are normally aspirated currently, or want to remove your existing ATS or Banks system, and are shooting for a complete turbo solution for a major power upgrade, then buy the Moose Boost Power Platform. This consists of a CDI-Hypermax Moose Boost Turbocharger system, with a CDI-Hypermax Moose Boost intercooler. $4195.00

Already have a Hypermax turbo, but no intercooler? Buy the Moose Boost intercooler kit and Moose Boost turbo upgrade package. Includes the intercooler and everything needed to mount the Moose Boost turbo. - $3795

I'm sure a lot of you are thinking this is more than you would spend on your truck, but keep in mind that a lot of people these days are interested in sustainability in their vehicles, which is something Detroit has forgotten. This would be a purchase for someone looking to not only improve their performance, but update their truck in loo of buying a new one.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should throw this on a 6.9 you have built and dyno it. Also photos!! Look forward to seeing this take off, its certainly been a long time coming. Thanks for all of your hard work!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see dyno sheets on this. Even better a comparison verses say stock hypermax turbo vs: moose boost.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, this winter I was planning on putting on the hypermax turbo setup that I have. I may have to reevaluate my plan. I'm curious to see a few pictures when you have them Mel.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely would love to see pictures and dyno sheet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It's been a tough year here, so R&D dollars just haven't really been available, hence the slow process. I'm hoping there will be enough interest without dyno sheets, as part of the catch 22 at this point, is I need to buy three upgrade kits to actually get one in my hand, hence the special price for those who pre-order. Hypermax needs to build jigs to actually make this stuff, and they aren't going to make them without the order. So... here we sit.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel, what's the price looking on just the Moose Boost turbo by itself?
The regular price on the Moose Boost turbo is $1623. I have a less expensive, untested traditional technology journal bearing model available for about $1100.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the funds were available I would place a pre order.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That's not that bad for a spool by itself. I'm still a ways away from getting to one. In thinking I'm going to have to get another 7.3 first to stand build over time.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need any intake cores right away Mel? We have a few laying around.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you made any progress on this? Installations? Dynos? Pictures?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are a few members with this turbo setup. I think me and Alex are the only two to use the hmax up pipes and Mel's intake.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm working on installing mine now. Progress has been a little slow on my personal project cause I'm changing many other things besides just adding the moose boost kit. My thread is "project black stallion" and @no mufflers is "project watch out Kentuckians"

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I ever get enough time to promote this product properly, i'll have pictures and all that. I apologize for the lack of an update, but in the meantime the user base is increasing, and they are telling about their installs.