New Injectors = repower

superbeetle73

Reaction score
WOWWWWWWWW . You guys were right all along. bad injectors were my problem. had ACME DIESEL of Knoxville test my injectors FOR FREEEEE and only 2 were decent. 2 failed to pop the rest leaked throughout the pressure build up. most of the pintle nipples were gone. they tested them right in front of me so there was no B.S. They were super cool to deal with and very knowledgable. I even got a return line kit that fit perfectly. so I now have matched injectors with a no B.S. warranty. OMG the engine is so smooth and there is only slight smoke when i stomp it. it feels like its an 8 cylinder and not a stroker. I cant say enough good about the place that I dealt with. They are right near several big rig factory repair centers in knoxville so they are legit and right down the street from international which is sweeeeet

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya good injectors is where it's at.. I got "typ4" matched bb's in my truck with his return kit and new olives, talk about SMOOTH:sly. The owner before me thought it was blown up it ran so bad, now it's like butter. Just still a pain to start some times, but thats a problem with my gp system..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you can "feel the differance" in what was in there before. How many miles were on the injectors and do you know what miles are on the pump... Really glad you found a quality shop that is worth something too. They are difficult to find any more...

superbeetle73

Reaction score
the injectors were original and the pump checked out good after the replaced a seal

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to find a good shop, and now you can actually see what a difference matching makes.

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
superbeetle73, I live in Maryville and I was wondering where I could go to get some good quality diesel work and your post may have answered my question. I'll check out Acme Diesel. Your post couldn't have come at a better time for me. And for all the guys on this board, I've been reading for a while even though this is my first post. I appreciate how helpful folks seem to be on this board. I have an 86 F-350 and I'm in the midst of getting it painted (pics to follow as soon as the painter gets them to me) and my next steps are new glow plugs (Beru's) along with injectors, maybe an new IP, and eventually a cam from typ4 along with studs. Anyway, it's good to see a fellow oilburner in my neck of the woods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online