New engine, no oil pressure please help

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valve train?? Like piston hitting valve maybe? How much oil pressure does it have?

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 psi on oil, hasn't gotten to op temp yet so imagine that pressure will go down once it gets hot

Right now I think we are gunna crack injector lines and see if noise changes or goes away

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
2nd injector line we cracked and the noise went away immediately
Don't fret this. Justin is still one of the top guys for IDI parts and anyone can have something happen. I'd pull the injector and see if somebody can pop test it for you.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or swap it into another hole and see if the noise follows. I’ve had a dead cylinder quit making noise when there’s no combustion happening. I just like to be cautious and make sure there filter is clean before I run it more, especially with the low oil pressure issues you’ve had.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow im going to move it to a different hole and see if the noise follows, just want to make sure that it is the injector, this emgine has given me too much trouble at this point to not be double checking everything lol

When i move the injector if the knock doesnt follow what else could it be?

I know justins stuff is good and sometimes you just get a bad part, im not too worried about that

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next would be to pop the drivers side valve cover and check out the rocker for that hole, make sure the pushrod is seared correctly and everything is moving as it should and oil is getting where it needs.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
He meant seated. It's possible, not very likely, but still possible that it could also be the injector pump itself. This happened to us once at the shop I used to work at. We tried new injectors several times. We even installed another engine. we finally replaced just the injector pump and the knock disappeared. Our pump rebuilder wouldn't say what it was, but he found something.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good. Simple fix, if Justin has a waiting list on injectors you can try soaking it in atf overnight to see if it clears up.