New bull moose pump today. Have a question

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bull moose pump with moose injectors. Pump is new injectors like 6 months.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also would check the LIFT pump. May be weak. With everything else you've tried I'd check it also. These rigs can be real stubborn to get fired up.

I couldn't get my crewcab fired after sitting for a while. Once I checked it all out the LIFT pump was bad. If the LIFT pump was good I'd be tempted to send the moose pump back to mel just to have him bench check it again.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh.i think you need to contact Mel if you've cranked the engine over for a total of at least 4-5 crank sessions of 20 seconds each with an e-pump.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you did verify power at the FSS though right? edit; oh never mind that.of course you do.you've got white smoke and it even coughed for a few seconds.well that's a bummer.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its alive timing was off was going to upload video but wont let me

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I adjusted ip but im sure the gear was of. Which i have never taken the housing off not sure how it happen

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, a couple of things. First, sorry about the throttle shaft tab. You should have called me. I'd have been happy to send it out to you right away at no charge. As for your running issue, if it started and ran, then the pump isn't damaged and the injector lines are bled. . You have something else going on and we need to apply some science to it. Please give me a call and let's troubleshoot this properly. I would suggest applying power directly from the battery to both of the electrical connections on the pump to rule out any electrical issues. Make sure you hear the solenoids click when you apply power. Remove the return line from the top of the pump, and make sure you have fuel coming out there when you are cranking. If you don't, then you are not getting fuel. Please avoid the temptation to run fuel from a jug. Unfiltered fuel is a bad idea for a pump under warranty.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops my bad. Didn't see you got it running.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just to add to what Mel said about sucking fuel from a can or other than your fuel tank. If you plan on doing this make sure the suction line is feeding the filter so that way the fuel filter is doing it job of protecting your injection pump. Sending diesel straight to any injection pump can ruin it quickly even though we do have a filter in the pumps. Its not in there to act as a filter but its for accidental crap passing your main line fuel filters. Its also non serviceable. Glad its running too. Its been a long journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger