New Bare Heads For $101.00 Each

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been watching a set of new bare heads for about a week. I contacted the seller and I can pick them up without paying for shipping or handleing so. I made my bid and won. They cost me $202.50 for BOTH of them....;Sweet Now all I need to do is call the wifey who is up in Napa wine tasting and see if she will pick them up for me when she drives home tomorrow....... Gees, I wonder what this is going to cost me......:D Anyway, I will be building up another set of heads. This time I will be "working" on the prechanbers in the heads. Usually they are "close" but usually really ruff on the millwork. They can be machined so they are all the same CC which will make for a smoother running motor. The injectors were pulled up out of the chambers 60 thousands for emissions years ago so I want them back where they do the best for power. The heck with emissions I say.... Its a diesel mame. Thats why it smokes......:moon: :flipa LOL

obinella

Reaction score
so crackerj, looks like i beat you outta the last pair!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sooo.... I was wondering if a member here got those. You got yours cheaper than mine by what ... About $14.00 or so. Thats still an exlant price for new bare heads. Valves can be bought on Ebay for around $180.00 too. I think Hypermax sells the inconel turbo exhaust valves. I know Diesel Direct has them for about $37.00 each. The springs are the same for both intake and exhaust. It doesn't get any easier than that. Where are you getting your rotaters, springs, retainers and clips? I will be looking for some down the road. My wife is about 70 miles from the location that the heads are at. I talked to her about picking them up to save me the $108.00 shipping.....-cuss Seems its kinda out of her way so things don't look good for me getting a favor..... I so am gonna outlive her......-cuss :mad: :angel:

obinella

Reaction score
going to order the springs from rockauto.com . i may use the other parts from my old heads. haven't had time to give it much thought. picked up a t19 to replace the e4od and am looking for a us gear to tack on the back of it. plan on doing it all at the same time. cheers-chuck

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About that US Gear... When I talked to GV they told me alot of the US Gear installers had contacted them because they couldn't get the US Gear unit any more. Seems they are making only something called DNE 2 now and its for the hot rods only. I don't know why it wouldn't still work for us. You may want to contact them and see if they can sell you something down the road. No sense waiting for something that wont happen. Kinda like... "wait till its dark honey"..... ****... It never gets that dark here and I'm still waiting... Honey...!!!......:eek:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
obinella you gotta change that avatar:puke: :puke: :puke:

obinella

Reaction score
what??? you saying you don't like Peter the family guy? my god man! thats just unamerican!

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo.... I was wondering if a member here got those. You got yours cheaper than mine by what ... About $14.00 or so. Thats still an exlant price for new bare heads. Valves can be bought on Ebay for around $180.00 too. I think Hypermax sells the inconel turbo exhaust valves. I know Diesel Direct has them for about $37.00 each. The springs are the same for both intake and exhaust. It doesn't get any easier than that. Where are you getting your rotaters, springs, retainers and clips? I will be looking for some down the road. My wife is about 70 miles from the location that the heads are at. I talked to her about picking them up to save me the $108.00 shipping.....-cuss Seems its kinda out of her way so things don't look good for me getting a favor..... I so am gonna outlive her......-cuss :mad: :angel:

I just got inconel valves at the local IH dealer, avistar, $36.50 each, the springs are all the same for In and ex, $2.32 each, a prechamber was $42.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker