Need timimg light adapter

Hardy41

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am looking for the adapter that screws between the injector line and the injector on the number 1 cylinder. I went to ford and the guy behind the parts counter had no clue what I was talking about. If anyone has one for sale or knows where I can buy one would be greatly appreciated. And the reason I need it is because I misplaced it when I put on a new fuel return line kit. Stupid me.:mad:
Thanks in advanced!

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called a pulse timing adapter. Standard motor products part# ICP105 new bout 300.00 hope you can find a used one or get ready to dig deep in your pockets.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't really need it. Find a #1 line off a 7.3 IDI van. The pulse adapter is on the #4 line in a van.........

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a rotunda part iIrc?! ( for use with thier meter)!?
As stated above!
Where did the old one go?
I dumped the misinformation bit.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.. Bending the line is going to shorten that line so that cylinder timing is going to be advanced more than the others. Don't do it. As already posted. Find a van and use that number one hard line. Or start shopping at the wrecking yards.

Hardy41

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I was tempted to bend it but, I have read that it would throw off the timing. Riotwarrior if you have one and will be willing to sell it that would be great.

Hardy41

Reaction score
clb, I misplaced it when I installed my new fuel return lines. I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. Lesson learned keep track of all your parts. lol

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly...my adapter would not be for sale...badge up as a supporting member Orange tag ...and gladly its yers...pm me yer addy once you badge up

schweg2

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm jacking your post...but I'm in the same boat as you in trying to find an adapter to use also.

Does anyone rent them out on here? Could use Paypal

Thanks

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
icanfixall rents out timing instruments.
What adapter do you need, for what?
If your talking adapter for #1 cyl, there is no timing instrument available to use the adapter itself, unless you would have a Ford Rotunda timing meter. That adapter was only used in production on engine hot test to time it.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
icanfixall rents out timing instruments.
What adapter do you need, for what?
If your talking adapter for #1 cyl, there is no timing instrument available to use the adapter itself, unless you would have a Ford Rotunda timing meter. That adapter was only used in production on engine hot test to time it.

WHERES YOUR ORANGE TAG???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So this topic has been seeing plenty of hits but.. We DO NOT NEED THIS ADAPTER.. We do not use it for anything but a line spacer. Actually we can buy a number one injector hard line made for the Van engine applications. It does not have this adapter on the number 1 hard line. They have it on the number 4 hard line. I tell everyone that rents a meter from me that we can use either # 1 or # 4 hard line and get the same exact timing. I actually have a schedule that shows how to use any cylinder just by changing the cylinder offset. My meters can use any degree of cylinder offset if you know what cylinder you want to use. The Kent Moore J33300-A meters are easily programable for any cylinder offset. I recommend using either 1 or 4 because its less work .

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I actually have a schedule that shows how to use any cylinder just by changing the cylinder offset.
Can you post that? I have never seen one.