My 85 Chevy K20 7.3l IDI project (bowtie bound)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I wish my tailgate was that easy to fix. I picked up another one this weekend that has a few dings on it. I am going to re-skin it with aluminum from my buddies race shop. That will keep it from rusting. I am also going to cut and insert aluminum skins on the bottom of the doors for the same reason.

SWS

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please make sure to post pics of motor installation, I am considering a chevy 6.9 conversion, I want to see how you mount it. I know the z5 is great and all but did you even have any options of using stock 4 speed trans? that way you have mechanical clutch and everything looks original.

Tex_50613

Reaction score
please make sure to post pics of motor installation, I am considering a chevy 6.9 conversion, I want to see how you mount it. I know the z5 is great and all but did you even have any options of using stock 4 speed trans? that way you have mechanical clutch and everything looks original.

the 87 c30 I had ran a full hydrolic setup, and I have a bell housing to mount a sm465 to the 7.3 if I wanted to but prefer having overdrive which is why I'm going with the zf5, and you bet I'll post lots of pics of everything as it gets done

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the bell housing you have? is it a t19/6.9 bell housing modified or something special?

Tex_50613

Reaction score
got some more sheetmetal done on the cab this week
You must be registered for see images attach