moose

1993f250

Reaction score
agnem what type of injecter would you run if you have had your injection pump maxed out with 180 cc of fuel?

1993f250

Reaction score
a man we call the diesel doctor around here his names darryell york works at a place called truck pro in charlotte nc. he builds most of the ip foir the bnig time pulling tractors and trucks. he can work magic with these pumps.

wmoguy

Reaction score
holy cow 180cc is some serious fuel for the 7.3idi. I wanna see this build and the chargers that will make that all work!

1993f250

Reaction score
well its a work in progress i need some injectors to make it work. im running a banks sidewinder turbo for now but was told it would blow into pieces if i beat on it to much with that much fuel. its got more torque than anythjing right now. but i think with some injectors i will be able to get the power i am looking for out of it. ill post some pics of it soon

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
180CC is Super Moose territory. At that volume, the injection line diameter starts to become a question, as does the injector body passages. Your builder is correct. It is easy to get that kind of fuel. The problem is getting that kind of fuel for very long. ;Really I would mate that up with Super Moose Mister injectors. But the cost of those... your looking upwards of $1500 to $2K for a set.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
hell at that point some machined tips and solinoid operated ball valves with a 1/4 line directly into the pre-cup...injectors? we dont need to steeeenkin injectors!!!

lol j/k

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its a work in progress i need some injectors to make it work. im running a banks sidewinder turbo for now but was told it would blow into pieces if i beat on it to much with that much fuel. its got more torque than anythjing right now. but i think with some injectors i will be able to get the power i am looking for out of it. ill post some pics of it soon

Wow. That sounds like a good build. Pics?...:angel:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
180CC is Super Moose territory. At that volume, the injection line diameter starts to become a question, as does the injector body passages. Your builder is correct. It is easy to get that kind of fuel. The problem is getting that kind of fuel for very long. ;Really I would mate that up with Super Moose Mister injectors. But the cost of those... your looking upwards of $1500 to $2K for a set.

Is there any way you could use bigger braided steel lines for something like that? Like high pressure lines? And if so,what diameter?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
They have to be solid lines. Otherwise they would be bouncing around all over the place.

Or at least that whats conventional wisdom says LOL

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I think as Mel has mentioned previously with the Super Moose area, which 180cc is, you best be running a decompressed motor with head studs, intercooler, and big turbo to clean it up. Nobody has really pushed that line yet, other than Barney(what ever happened to him anyway?) and now NMB2, who seems to have a pretty decent build from what I read on his thread over on PSN.

But like your builder said, a Sidewinder isn't going to produce the results you're looking for if you need a 180cc pump.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I think as Mel has mentioned previously with the Super Moose area, which 180cc is, you best be running a decompressed motor with head studs, intercooler, and big turbo to clean it up. Nobody has really pushed that line yet, other than Barney(what ever happened to him anyway?) and now NMB2, who seems to have a pretty decent build from what I read on his thread over on PSN.

But like your builder said, a Sidewinder isn't going to produce the results you're looking for if you need a 180cc pump.

180cc is alot of fuel. pretty sure i read somewhere in his build that nbm2 is running 150cc.

just wondering, what is the stock pump capable of?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

The final build that Barney had, developed and unknown knock, he didn't do much with it after that. I believe the engine that had all the work done (twin turboed, and all the other goodies) was removed from the truck, replaced with a stock engine. I believe he has sold that truck ("That Damn Truck", as it was named). So that engine my be floating around somewhere if the knock wasn't fatal.... either that, or it was scrapped...... not really sure....