Money Pit #2 Won't run.

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run a wire from battery 12+ to IP shut off valve, check for a click, then Spray a little starting fluid in the air cleaner and crank; the starting fluid will create the heat needed to start or fart. Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck on getting that beast started. Remember it sat for a long time so put Transmission fluid in the IP over night and see if start the next Day.

Nathan Miley

Reaction score
Got ahold of my battery cables and starter yesterday. I haven't had the time to mess with it though and my randd injection pump just shipped. Will probably wait and install them all together.

P.s. I have started using a new (to me) style of battery cable ends on everything I own and highly recommend them, pricey but you will never go back. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLWKXV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are couple of pics of my eb as promised. I still have a lot left to do but here she is. I was going to take a video of it running, but the iphone does not do the wonderful sound justice. Enjoy.:cheers: 302, c4 auto, power steering, power brakes. I painted it myself last year at 20 so it is very imperfect, but a great feat nonetheless. I have learned a LOT of things while restoring it. (Most importantly , I hate painting.) I haven't figured out what is more of a pain in the ass, working on this crap or working to pay for all of it, just to have some one fight over it when you pass.:flipa

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I use the same cable ends and they are so very simple to disconnect when its needed.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Even if I'm not real wild about the color, it's still a nice looking Bronco. I'd love to have one, but I could never afford one. I could buy another IDI truck for much less. Then I'd have two trucks that I can use for more than just driving.

Nathan Miley

Reaction score
Even if I'm not real wild about the color, it's still a nice looking Bronco. I'd love to have one, but I could never afford one. I could buy another IDI truck for much less. Then I'd have two trucks that I can use for more than just driving.
Really? I love that color. I will own these two and eventually a idi swapped 67-73 highboy. Good lord willing, I probably won't buy any other personal vehicles for most of my life. You can afford anything you really want to.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the color :D
but I went slightly off the metallic path with a pearl/mica midcoat instead.
don't hate it because it's a chevy. just enjoy the color and how the bodylines can be brought out with the right paint :D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you install that r%d pump. Make damn sire your tanks dont have water in it. A member on here bought a truck and messed with it for days, turns out the previous owner had water in tank, ruined an IP and a set of new bb delphis.

Nathan Miley

Reaction score
Looks great towcat. That is one of my favorite shade on 60 -70s model trucks.

Type4 Yep I have been trying to run it out of a 5gal can with fresh diesel. the tanks will be flushed and cleaned before they are hooked up. Thanks for the concern.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't say that there's anything wrong with the color of your Bronco. It's just not toward the top of my favorites list. It does look nice.

Nathan Miley

Reaction score
New Randd idi pump installed, new starter, batteries, and cables. Bled the lines. Getting fuel to injectors. Fuel returning from ip into a bottle. Hit the glow plugs for the 12 sec after having the block heater on for a couple hours. Still can't get it to start. $2000 worth of parts and still can't figure this thing out.:frustrate

I still have fuel dripping from the starter, exhaust, and bell housing when starting, and can not pinpoint where it is coming from. Followed the entire fuel system and everything looks great. I have a slight idea but want to see what you guys think.

Where should I go from here?

Nathan Miley

Reaction score
No I did not remove it. It was also covered in years of dirt and grime just like the rest of the engine, and did not appear to have ever been removed.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nathan I would disengage the glow plugs and hit it with a kiss of ether while cranking and see if she lights. Sometimes need a little help to get started for the first time