Manual shut off for inj. Pump

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the manual for the DB2 pump. If you read the description, apparently it was originally designed with a manual lever shut-off, and the electrical solenoid shut-off is an accessory addition to the pump designated by some lettering in the model number. If you could find a old tractor with one of these pumps on it, you could probably find the manual cut-off on it.

Thanks ill have to look at a core ive got swe if i can figure it out that link is a huge help.
Is the end goal to make the truck run and drive with no electricity or to be able to turn it off with a broken solonoid? Because a chunk of steel plate cut to fit your intake or a pice of solid plywood will do the shut down just fine.
More or less no electricity, be able to positivly turn ot on or off if needed

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand the shutoff solenoid, it has to have power to keep the fuel flowing. I would really like to have a manual shutoff to replace it so I could keep the engine running when the truck loses power. If anybody finds a source, post it up here, please!

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your plastic lid off your Folgers coffee can, removed the intake snorkel air tube, place aforesaid plastic can cover over the air intake of the air cleaner, and wait until the engine dies.

Snowgap

Reaction score
Look at page 9.1, part 36 of the manual that frankin2 posted. Looks like a shutoff lever assembly that would go in on the driver side of the injection pump.
I have a backhoe with a detroit diesel. The manual shutoff for it pulls the throttle shaft (which the governor setup controls) to close fuel supply. I personally prefer that manual control over the electrically operated shutoff assembly of these injection pumps. That would be an interesting project to figure out how to manually close the fuel supply.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interest here is also being able to run it without electricity. Not just shutting it down.

But being prepared to do what you describe is probably also a good idea.

Look at page 9.1, part 36 of the manual that frankin2 posted. Looks like a shutoff lever assembly that would go in on the driver side of the injection pump.
I have a backhoe with a detroit diesel. The manual shutoff for it pulls the throttle shaft (which the governor setup controls) to close fuel supply. I personally prefer that manual control over the electrically operated shutoff assembly of these injection pumps. That would be an interesting project to figure out how to manually close the fuel supply.
Ya bieng able to run and shut it down without power would be ideal