Manual shut off for inj. Pump

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hve been trying to devise a way to have a manual shutoff lever, likenin the event of a failed fss you could pull a lever n drive home.

I hae an idea of how to build the arm but how to seal it where it passes through the cover? Any master machinist in her have any solutions?

I know most will probly think its dumb but i like redudndancy

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge these db2's have never had a manual valve so you'll really have to get creative, probably more effort than its worth.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge these db2's have never had a manual valve so you'll really have to get creative, probably more effort than its worth.
Ya thats what my research has come up with. But i dont think desigining a lever would be hard but how to pass it through the pump cover and seal it is where i had issues

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a cut off valve in your fuel line to IP if your worried about it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the manual for the DB2 pump. If you read the description, apparently it was originally designed with a manual lever shut-off, and the electrical solenoid shut-off is an accessory addition to the pump designated by some lettering in the model number. If you could find a old tractor with one of these pumps on it, you could probably find the manual cut-off on it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the manual for the DB2 pump. If you read the description, apparently it was originally designed with a manual lever shut-off, and the electrical solenoid shut-off is an accessory addition to the pump designated by some lettering in the model number. If you could find a old tractor with one of these pumps on it, you could probably find the manual cut-off on it.

If you did that, you would only have a manual kill switch and you'd have a good tractor missing an important part.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the end goal to make the truck run and drive with no electricity or to be able to turn it off with a broken solonoid? Because a chunk of steel plate cut to fit your intake or a pice of solid plywood will do the shut down just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online