low sulfur fuels are bad??

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Talking about the Super Tech oil, what color is the oil itself? I've been using ATF in mine for ever but I can't tell if it tints the fuel enough that it would look like off road fuel if I ever get checked.

Super Tech oil is blue. Might take a lot of ATF to make the fuel turn red. Leave the ATF bottles in your truck. If you get stopped by the fuel police, whip out the bottles.:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're talking TCW3 2 cycle oil? I have not used the walmart stuff but the 2 cycle oil in the yellow bottle by Pennzoil is pretty good quality stuff, supposedly made by Mercury. I have not used it in a truck but its acceptable in O/B applications. People have been using 2 cycle oil in IDIs for a long time. Not usre I'd try it in a new EPA compliant engine just cause who knows what kind of infarction it might give the computer and sensors, but for fuel additive probably pretty much any 2 stroke oil would be good. If you want ashless for sure, you'll need to spend a few extra bucks and get the stuff for air cooled engines. Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, and Mobil are good TC air cooled oils.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Super Tech stuff all the time. The trucks like it. So dose the trackspeeder.:D
If I may ask...when you say "the truck likes it" just how can you tell?
Does the engine maybe feel smoother, are the injectors and IP maybe a little more quiet?
First time ever today I dumped 8oz of two stroke oil in my front tank, I'm hoping to get a warm fuzzy feeling all over.:love:
PS I did first premix it in a gallon of diesel.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If I may ask...when you say "the truck likes it" just how can you tell?
Does the engine maybe feel smoother, are the injectors and IP maybe a little more quiet?
First time ever today I dumped 8oz of two stroke oil in my front tank, I'm hoping to get a warm fuzzy feeling all over.:love:
PS I did first premix it in a gallon of diesel.

Both the the IDI and the PSD have been quiet since I started using that stuff.;Sweet
I cant comment on fuel milage since I have a heavy foot.:rotflmao
Some people have claimed improved milage with the use of TCW oil. The rule of thumb is 1oz to 1 gallon of fuel.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the the IDI and the PSD have been quiet since I started using that stuff.;Sweet
I cant comment on fuel milage since I have a heavy foot.:rotflmao
Some people have claimed improved milage with the use of TCW oil. The rule of thumb is 1oz to 1 gallon of fuel.

TCW ?
At one oz per gallon would mean a lot more then what I added. More like two- 8 oz bottles per tank.:eek:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
TCW ?
At one oz per gallon would mean a lot more then what I added. More like two- 8 oz bottles per tank.:eek:

Pour it in. It's cheap.:D I buy it by the gallon.Cheaper that way beside I have three hungry monsters that like this stuff.:rotflmao

Oh ,TCW is the type of two stroke oil.:thumbsup:

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
diesel price

wow payed 3.799 per gallon today!! 16 gallons for 60.82$ what a rip off, im ashamed at these prices anymore..

Ray

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around $4.099 here, diesel should be backing off a bit soon...I hope. I'm thankful for biodiesel and WVO at this time....

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could just be my imagination but after driving several miles with (2) 8oz bottles of 2-stroke oil in my front tank my engine DOES in fact seem a little more quiet! My usual diesel engine sounds...clack-clack, tap-tap, tic-tic are more muffled. At cold start I do notice a little puff of smoke out the exhaust pipe but nothing drastic.
Anyone have any long term effects 2-stroke oil might have on the GP's or intake/exhaust valves like carbon/soot build up or gumming up the IP or injectors?

Last edited: