Little Trick for Fan Removal

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that y’all might like this, no more trying to lock the water pump with a flathead to keep it from spinning.

You must be registered for see images attach
I did this same thing with my fan replacement! Works great! I had the pulley holding tool but this idea was so much better

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Shameful lack of preventative maintenance right there. I noticed no coolant holes plugged in the heads between the intake ports.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is gonna be a great builder I can tell already
You must be registered for see images attach
I can relate. I pulled the collector pipes off of my parts truck last month. I was thinking that the engine would go on the stand shortly for a rebuild, but when I dropped the exhaust I got soaked with water. Apparently the cowl seal is worse than it looked and the exhaust was full of rainwater.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s what kills most IDIs really, this is the 5th block I’ve torn into that has a mint rotating assembly and heads but the cylinders walls are pitted with rust. Trying to decide if I want to keep looking for a good block or if I should just fork out the cash to sleeve one of the idit

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That style of starter is the easiest one to get to the top bolt. At least it seems that way to me. I'll bet that trick won't work if the engine and transmission are still in the truck. Then it would be the hardest way to remove the starter.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you're starting on that motor! Remember how much sludge, gunk, and God knows what else drained out when we pulled it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828