Lift pump

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a lift pump for a Customers truck.87-88 with a 6.9.

Everybody around me sells the same pump wich is wrong.the numbers on the old pump cross over to the incorrect pump

Problem is the arm.the one I need had a bend up with a 90° hook to it.the pump everybody is trying to sell me has an almost straight arm with a slight bend on the end.

This is the pump I need.part # and where can I get it within a day?I have Autozone,napa,advance and orileys for parts stores I deal with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311751...7290-0%26rvr_id%3D1137499144654&ul_noapp=true

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could very well be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are all the same. The arm looks different but where it makes contact with the cam lobe is the same spot.

Some one will set me straight if wrong.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Rich,

The replacement pumps have an almost straight arm. The key to the key is to make sure the arm goes in below the cam lobe. With the straight arm it can be installed with the arm above the can, but this will break the arm off the pump in short order. So the one with the straight arm is correct. I don't think any auto parts store will carry the old one with the "dog-leg" arm......

This is what the "correct" one looks like.......

You must be registered for see images attach

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one won't work on it.i pulled it off to check to be sure it went under the cam.it won't suck on the engine but if u work it by hand it'll suck hard

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody makes that lift pump with the dog leg actuator anymore. You have to roll the engine over so the cam lobe is pointing up, then with the new pump, you have to tip it a little so the arm goes under the cam, then force it down a little to line up the bolt holes.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the straight arm pump in mine without much issue mine had the "dog leg" one in it previously also, if I had the money is get a duralift though

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's a customer truck so electric is out unless it's the only option.

I'll have to squeeze my head in there to see what the lobe looks like later today .

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you got a Pontiac mechanical fuel pump. always wondered if they would work lol

unless youre part of the fantastic 4 id advise trying to squeeze your head in there, you got a phone,? take pics instead!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a possibility that you can set the engine to a certain spot in it's rotation as an example like tdc on a certain cylinder and the cam lobe for the pump will be in position for the pump to go in easily if you don't want to try to see In there to look at the position of the cam lobe I'm sure someone on here knows what position the engine needs to be in for this to happen?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pump just is not going to work.i got another one today.ive had it on and off 4 freaking times.it just will not work.cam lobe looked fine.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got a phone,? take pics instead!

i was thinking small mirror.old school.you can tell how far behind the times i am.:D

Rich,your not getting the arm in there where it belongs.upsell your customer.convince him to go duralift.re-read post #8 again though.

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really want to get into electric pump.id rather tow it to somebody else and let them deal with it at this point.i hurt too much for **** that wants to fight me.

Sadly,I do not have the patience or love for the cars like I used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online