Led bulbs

srmathers

Reaction score
Yes....while looking at the 3rd brake light, the door was open...so Now I need to test with door closed...will update results soon

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that maybe why it was one but I can't recall of the cargo light comes on with the door open as non of my doors opening turns on anythjng in my truck, another one of those electrical issues I havent addressed because truck still drives down the road lol

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! Brake lights and mRker lights are now led, les flasher is in and working as well, I did end up using a 3156 bulb in rear vs 3157 it called for it plugged in and worked the running light seems a little dimmer becuse if it comepared to the front lights. But brake lights and blinkers are wayyy brighter now, next is dash lights!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
next is dash lights

See I like the idea, mine aren't very bright, but not being dimmable kills it for me. I'm overly sensitive to light and if I couldn't turn down the dash lights at 5am in the middle of nowhere it'd drive me nuts.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I belive they work with the factory dimmer I read that on the kit you buy for replacing the dash lights to led

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just ordered 20 led 194/193 bulbs! I needed 5 for some marker lights I put in my grill and for 6$ hopefully they work but it's worth the gamble, maybe other lights on my truck can be replaced with them too not sure what else takes those bulbs though?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Got them, bulbs work great for the price. Anyone know how to replace the ones behind gauges? I replaced the one behind heater controls and it works great dimmer even works so I want to do the gauges next if it's the same bulb? I've replaced 8 bulbs so far and I like them hopefully they last long. Cheap yes but so far functionable

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just pull the cluster.
You have to pull it out a little bit, then reach behind to undo the speedometer cable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's not hard. Pop the bezel off. I don't remember how but it's not hard. You'll need a torx driver. T25 maybe? 4 screws actually hold the cluster in. When you get it out the bulb holders twist and then pull out kinda like turn signal bulbs.

I'm very very interested in your results. If they do dim a bunch with the factory dimmer I'll probably buy some myself.

Post up a link to the same ones you bought too please!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set to change out this week, you will need to remove the knob on the light switch and unplug it to remove the cluster

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's not hard. Pop the bezel off. I don't remember how but it's not hard. You'll need a torx driver. T25 maybe? 4 screws actually hold the cluster in. When you get it out the bulb holders twist and then pull out kinda like turn signal bulbs.

I'm very very interested in your results. If they do dim a bunch with the factory dimmer I'll probably buy some myself.

Post up a link to the same ones you bought too please!
The one I put behind my heater controls does dim with the cluster just like factory all the way down till basically no light. I was curious isn't the cluster takes the same bulbs or not before I pull it again I know my warning lights take them.

You must be registered for see images attach

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Thats the one everyone on FB OBS groups are using.

I have those same bulbs but in yellow for my clearance lights. They seem to work ok.

Also how hard was it to install the lights behind the vent controls?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vent control pulls out just enough to replace the one bulb behind it locates almost center. The four mounting bolts in front have to come out and then gently work it out a little. Not too much extra room but it was doable, I also changed the cigarette ash tray one out which was kinda difficult and I removed some plastic to let more light out. Mostly getting the housing off was he hard part of that one

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the 80-86 bullnose trucks use the 194. I would assume our bricks do too