Led bulbs

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Many youtubers have been sent the auxbeam led headlight bulbs. They seem okay. Fairly cheap though. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine actually just came in the mail yesterday. I’ll report back how they work with a link. I run them in everything though. My supermoto, the srt, I love led headlights so hopefully it’s just as nice in the truck
Post a link of which ines you got after you test them if they work okay!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a link of which ines you got after you test them if they work okay!

Here’s the one I purchased. Fit right in although I did have to trim the plastic lock collar back about a 1/2 inch. Took two seconds with a cutoff wheel but driving tonight they are clear white and much brighter. Really pleased with them. Plugged into the factory pigtail no wiring.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272878972518

You must be registered for see images attach

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your truck a bricknose or a obs style? Those are 9007 but I belive they come in 9004 style for bricknose, the search is on! Lol

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your truck a bricknose or a obs style? Those are 9007 but I belive they come in 9004 style for bricknose, the search is on! Lol

Obs, it’s a 92. But I gotta say they were so much nicer at night. The stock one sometimes I had to check the switch to see if they were on!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that first picture with a stock bulb and an LED? If so thats a huge difference!

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ 6500 Kelvins is waaay on the blue side. It'll look somewhere between a ricer and a cop car. And less light output than a purer white (4500-5000K) light

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered some led bulbs I took a gamble on but hopefully they work well!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the specs of them, though I'm not sure what they mean

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6000k is a white with a tint of blue. 5000k is optimal pure white. 4300k is warm white to mimic stock lights with a slight yellow. Anything over 6k is obnoxious blue and you lose significant output. 12k is pure purple. Those people are just asking to wreck. The light output is so bad.

I don't know how the glare in reflectors compares to that of hids in reflectors but that always ends up in you getting people flicking their high beams back at you and worse output then stock just glare and light everywhere.

I'm curious as to how these look for other drivers coming at you.

Nothing will ever beat hid lights in projectors with flat cut offs and shields that open the cut off for high beams, but no one makes a light container for our trucks that has flat clear plastic or glass without the fluted lenses to install those so.. these might be the best upgrade option.