Led bulbs

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes with the new led headlights I had to re adjust my headlight angle down. It’s a simple adjustment but they work so much better

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
70$ xenon bulbs vs 35$ Lasfit led bulb. I had to trim the locking collar some but other than that they fit. It is daytime right now and as far as I can tell they have a acceptable beam pattern for high and low. They installed at a different angle than I would have thought. The led are pointing left and right but somehow they do change pattern from low beam pointing down and high beam pointing more flat with the road. I can post pictures of the locking collar mod whenever I make another as I tried to follow their directions for installing it that they came with and the old brittle plastic on my collar broke some out but still holds. My second one I made without issue in 5 minutes

You must be registered for see images attach

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my sealed beams to Hella Lenses with LED bulbs. They say 6500K, but they are more like 6000K. Pretty much white light, but have a very slight blue tint if you look at the headlights while they are on. I did make a few headlight angle adjustments to insure I wasn't blinding on coming traffic. The 8000LM is not for the individual bulb. It is for the set on high.

Stock vs new setup with LEDs

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First night drive after work this evening, need to aim down some. They needed it before this but now they really are gonna have to have it done now, these lights are bright, would not recommend anything brighter than these. Passed many cars oncoming and nobody flashed me so hopefully they aren't too bright. Defiantly gives a more modern look to the truck!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my sealed beams to Hella Lenses with LED bulbs. They say 6500K, but they are more like 6000K. Pretty much white light, but have a very slight blue tint if you look at the headlights while they are on. I did make a few headlight angle adjustments to insure I wasn't blinding on coming traffic. The 8000LM is not for the individual bulb. It is for the set on high.

Stock vs new setup with LEDs
Nice! Where did you source the Hella lenses?

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Where did you source the Hella lenses?
I was able to purchase a used pair from a forum member. Can't remember if it was here or FTE.
Low beams:

High beams:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online