Led bulbs

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay update, I drove my commute in the pitch black this morning and the dash doesn’t dim all the way down like I thought but it dims more than enough for me. I really like how it looks, much cleaner appearance, the needles are a straight white instead of the yellowish brown with the factory bulbs
You must be registered for see images attach

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And those ^^^^^ are white LEDs, right? The rule I've read is that, whatever color lens you're going through, you should use that color of LED. That way you don't lose as much light output. I tried green LEDs in one of our '95s once, and didn't like it, because it turned all the needles green; even the little red hashes on and the yellow/red zones on the tach turned some icky nondescript color. That ^^^^ looks sharp.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used white also, even the factory bulbs are clear ones, I will be finding some green ones for my extra gauges that also take 194 style bulbs, I never realized how many of these bulbs were in my truck until now I thought the 20 pack was overkill and it's not enough lol

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI to everyone, I wouldn’t change the high beam light to led since it doesn’t dim with your regular lights. It annoys me when I’m driving late at night with my high beams on and my dash lights dimmed down and the high beam indicator is the brightest thing in the cab, I left the oem bulb in and it’s not very abrasive

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it had 5 for the lighting up and 4 for warning lights, 2 blinkers 4x4 high/low,check engine and engine, wait to start, water in fuel, cigarette lighter light, 1 heater control light, 2 liscense plate lights. And in mine egt and boost guage and water temp all took the same 194 bulb.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try any of the led heaDlights off eBay yet? Not hid ones but led with a "cooling fan" on the back of the bulb assembly? I'm considering trying them most sets running under 100$ which worries me on quality possibly but maybe it's worth a shot? Just bought 40 194 led bulbs for 10$ and they work better than expected! Lol

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try any of the led heaDlights off eBay yet? Not hid ones but led with a "cooling fan" on the back of the bulb assembly? I'm considering trying them most sets running under 100$ which worries me on quality possibly but maybe it's worth a shot? Just bought 40 194 led bulbs for 10$ and they work better than expected! Lol
Mine actually just came in the mail yesterday. I’ll report back how they work with a link. I run them in everything though. My supermoto, the srt, I love led headlights so hopefully it’s just as nice in the truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner