Led bulbs

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanting to switch over to led bulbs in blinker/running/ brake lights front and rear, it says they need resistors for the flasher to work but also say you can buy a flasher that is meant to run with leds any options? The resistor takes away the whole point In drawing less power though? I like that they are brighter though and supposed to last longer, wish I could do my headlights led but I don't trust eBay with the ones they have for 9004 option for the brick nose, none actually come up for our trucks(bricknose) but if you search the prt number you can find a led headlight that "will plug in there" but who knows what they will do, wasn't too expensive maybe they are worth a try but I currently am running those higher shelf xenon bulbs and they are pretty good, not quite as bright as my led pods and 10 inch light bar though

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
you will need a electronic flasher relay. my old 94 had every bulb LED other than the headlights.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
you will need a electronic flasher relay. my old 94 had every bulb LED other than the headlights.

Make sure you get one with an adjustable timer, I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/AUDEW-Electr...1505297072&sr=8-3&keywords=electronic+flasher

The only issue I have found is that it doesn't fit in the factory position, I have 2 jumper wires running from the fuse block to the flasher, just a couple of 1/4" spade terminals crimped onto a wire 3" long for each side
Been running for 3 years now, so I guess I didn't need to buy 3 at the time LOL

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I never mentioned the flasher.....
I was asking since he said every bulb was led.
As you should know, the E4OD monitors the taillights and high mount stop circuits.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Figured. Lol
I can't say for the IDI, but with the PSD leds will cause trouble with the E4OD. But since it is a different computer, it may not be a problem for the IDI.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it causes all kinds of problems. My dad's idi and 97 hd 351 with an e40d did all kinds of crazy stuff when we went led on his. I did a full led swap to all 3 of my obs trucks but all manuals.

We did the electric flasher relay, still wouldn't shift right but turn signals worked. Had to buy led resistors off Amazon and wire them in line with back brake lights to get them to work, but dad keeps the regular bulbs in the truck in case the cheapo resistors ever die on him.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured. Lol
I can't say for the IDI, but with the PSD leds will cause trouble with the E4OD. But since it is a different computer, it may not be a problem for the IDI.

Yup,nope your right.LED's cause the same issues.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently replacing headlight lenses because old will no longer polish out well. Decided to do the LED upgrade along with the lens replacement and this is currently enroute to me along with lenses from a different vendor. Won't get them until later next week, I went for free slow shipping.

I cannot give opinions on their fitment, durability or brightness, but they're claiming 4000 lumes. $99 for the pair. I too wanted lower amps as it became an issue 2 weeks ago when my headlight switch plug melted and created some havoc to my rear running lights and dash lights. Incredibly, I found the female harness plug at my local O'Reilly's for $9.99!!! It included a short harness too!

Like you, I too want LED brake and running lamps on the rears with new lenses since I'm doing it.

http://www.headlightexperts.com/cat...i-lo-dual-beam-led-technology-kit/category/2/

Edited to place Dieselcrawlers link in my post so I can find it later.... thank DC!!!!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...Oz_zJ0a5lBPLqC-WHB5Ublw2OPc5ADUEaAtA6EALw_wcB

Last edited: