Led bulbs

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it! But once they are all changes out the dimmer no longer works well, they do dim some but not very much. This doesn't bother me though because I don't mind them being a littleness brighter anyway and of course there are like 30 lights bulbs using 194 on my truck lol my check engine light ,brake seatbelt and fuel filter light and brights are not led but none of those ever come on anyway I'll be buying another pack just because I want to change them all anyway. Couldn't figure out the speedo cable remove but just felt around behind it till I found all the light bulb holders and change them one by one reversing polarity as needed

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Not quite as bright as it looks but brighter than factory, slightly dim with switch but not much, mainly what I'm going for Is less power usage and I like how led looks

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where would I splice the resistor too to make them dimable? I don't mind the brightness now I had two bulbs out before this so I couldn't see parts of my cluster

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today while my truck was running I noticed my battery light is on full time I think it's because the resistor in the back of it and the led bulb is making it read wrong

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Load resistor needs to go in line with the lamps. It might also fix the charging light. I’m not sure on a brick nose but on the obs trucks if the lamp was out or not working right it actually would not charge the battery so you better check and make sure it’s charging and not just a light malfunction.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery one is the only bulb that had a resistor on the back, I'm probably gonna leave it the way it I should I may change the battery one out to regular again but the rest I want led, close to 0 electrical load and put off no heat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online