lamp out (bing) PLEASE STOP

CatIronSlave

Reaction score
ok the lamp out light goes on and the chime goes off but all the lights are on and appear to work fine. when im driving the chime will go off at random. bad bulb bad wire thats fine but which one. the indicator light flashes 29 times when i turn the ignition to start is this an indication of where to look. any advise before i start tearing into this issue?:smash:

Whit

Reaction score
:dunno :dunno :dunno

check yer key codes please

key on
keyoff
key on
key off
key on..........then look in odometer window and write codes down

mgola

mgola
Reaction score
start at the tail lights with a visual inspection, Check the bulbs and the conectors with an ohm meter. Had to replace my tail light harness
(the plastic snap rail inside the lights) because it shorted inside.

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't panic yet, I had a tail light bulb get corroded on the tiny wire contacts and it drove me nuts for a month until it was completely dead and I was able to spot it.
Go check the bulbs first, you might be lucky.
db

grayhackle

Reaction score
I went through this recently. I checked the rear bulbs and found one that had a wire completely burned through and replaced it (passenger side). The bulb was still lighting up.
No help. Chime was coming on at random and often. All bulbs lighting up. I then decided to replace all bulbs on both sides. Found another bulb on drivers side that was completely burned away on the drivers side and some of the plastic was melted. That darn thing was lighting up also. I replaced all rear bulbs. Problem solved.
Later I got advice from TDR.com member that advised me to go to NAPA and buy the bulbs that have glass all the way to the base and use them. The ones I bought at Checker's (O'Reilly now) had a plastic base.
I cannot figure out why the bulb will still lighting when one of the wires are burned away at the base of the bulb???
2003 Dodge SLT 2500

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online