(L) Knee op, Rblt engine / trans and need a transfer case

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is a bit monetarily painful.
Dec 23rd is a left full knee replacement. Out of commission for some time. Then in March comes the other knee. Doc won't do them both due to history of blood clot from a cancer routine about 3 years ago.
Engine is going to the shop to get a long block/ARP studs, Felpro gasket set, put in due to excess smoke and a rod knock.
Add a rebuilt turbo, Toss in a locally rebuilt E4OD trans complete with tugger shift kit.

I have a used transfer case that I should also replace with another unit of good quality.
Rebuilding it myself is not really an option due to time constraints.
I did locate an outfit named "SP Specialties" $595 half price sale and unable to find a fair amount, if any, reviews on line. Scary stuff. Did find 2 complaints. Barely.
Monster trans is $1195 plus a $350 core. They do have a decent rep and unless someone has a better idea, they might be getting $1195.

How much money in this toy?
I am so far upside down.
I might use this as my casket.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well
$1200 for a t case rebuild????
What 7 $20.00 bearings???
But 2 knees down, cash is easier than standing at a bench...
Free bump.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and add a few more parts and it's still not at the 1200 price tag. But I am at 2 weeks away from surgery and no desire waiting for parts and then the time to rebuild it before becoming gimped up.

Reactions: Clb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance