Will T19 Transfer case bolt to ZF5? (84' Auto to 5-speed conversion.)

jibronee

Reaction score
Got engine in Monday!~!! But what is this vent/screw in deal that goes into the intake pan. I checked my other parts motors and one has solid plug pushed in and other one had dirt filling up the hole were the 3/8'' socket drive goes. 1st pic shows solid plug in parts engine. 2nd, 3rd pic show what I pulled out of current engine, but it was completely clogged with dirt. It's the screw in piece then the little pill shaped steel piece (has two tiny holes) fits inside screw in piece.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for all the help guys!!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's the drain for the valley pan. It's supposed to be open. The idea is that if you have a fuel leak, it will run out of that, down the passenger's side of the back of the engine, onto the starter. That's so that fuel or something else won't pool up on top of your engine. Yes they can get plugged with dirt, grease, etc.

jibronee

Reaction score
Finally got trans and TC in!!

Does the TO bearing always ride on the Pressure Plate fingers? My buddies 88' with 5 speed has the TO Bearing riding/touching the Pressure Plate fingers. On my old fords with mechanical linkage, the TO Bearing didn't ride the fingers.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the hydraulic clutch setups like these trucks have, yes the throwout bearing rides on the clutch fingers at all times. If you do not have enough pressure on the bearing, sometimes it will generate a squeaking noise as the bearing scoots on the clutch fingers.

jibronee

Reaction score
Ok cool!! Thanks guys!! Here are some pics of my modified clutch fork so I can use my thinner, 6.9 flywheel. I spaced everything off the dims from buddy's 88', 7.3+zf5. You can see the even wear on the fork fingers when it's resting on TO bearing.

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite. I don't think that they make new flywheels for a 6.9. You'll have to use one for a 7.3. I've had the same Luk SMF kit on a few 6.9's and one 7.3. I couldn't really tell much difference in the way that any of them idled or ran for that matter.
I have a 7.3 flywheel on my 6.9 and there is no vibration.