I've been bitten...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A customer brought in his 99 Dodge diesel 2500 today for MVI....He's a bit of a tool so I expected some fireworks.....They didn't even make it past the front end - it was all toast.:rotflmao ........Typical Dodge - the entire front end was toast and he just had $2000 worth of front end work done at the dealer 1yr ago.....Makes me love my King-pin Ford even more....Big C or not it's still a Dodge....:rotflmao

sassyrel

Reaction score
Just think PAYMENTS for 5 years, that should change your mind. A little labor of my own is easier than payments, i guess i'm just a tight ass....

payments--what about the insurance also???????:D :D

mac3

Reaction score
Ford in canada charges $850 for # 8 injector on a 7.3 psd.
To much electronic crap for me went back to a 7.3 idi

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
"E" for electrical...."E" is also for expensive.....I'm cheap so the more simple it is the cheaper it is for me to run it.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
FWIW you can get a set of 8 stage 1 aftermarket upgraded injectors for the 7.3 psd around $1150. still a lot of cabbage but 7.3 psd parts have come down a bit in price. this is what i'm looking at doing, since my injectors are shot

sootman73

Reaction score
course i haven't looked for psd parts as i dont have one but compare them to 8 idi ones for a buck and a half.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
well i know i saw the set advertized at 1150 but i can't find it now. i have spoken to Nick about this, just haven't followed thru. maybe it was a sale :confused:

yes there's no question. if you want relatively cheap parts, stay with the IDI. the newer ones cost a lot more when they need parts.

but if the guy's looking at new trucks (is the Tundra a truck?:dunno;Poke:angel:) then he will have a warranty for a while.

sootman73

Reaction score
ya a new new truck he will. we say around here that the tundras are cars with truck beds stolen from ford!:rotflmao :rotflmao

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya a new new truck he will. we say around here that the tundras are cars with truck beds stolen from ford!:rotflmao :rotflmao

Well, seeing how I work at a Toyota dealership... it makes sence to buy what I can work on every day. I'd likely be singing a different song if I worked at a Ford store....

Make no mistake, the new Tundra is indeed a truck. I suspect that as the brand-new-model kinks are worked out it will be quite the competitor to the F-series trucks. If the rumors of a HD version are true...well, then my decision to keep the old IDI will get even more difficult.

I'm keeping the Ford for now. I've worked out a deal with my wife that will get me a brand new truck in about a year, maybe a bit sooner if things go my way...

Ryan

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I work as a Shop Foreman at a Toyota dealership, and can get a killer deal on a new Tundra. Any payment would be more than what I have now, and the insurance would kill me I'm sure. I just got the bug from driving around in that nice new rattle-free smooth riding truck for a week. I know it'd pull my rockcrawler with ease, and it would surely stop the load better than the old brakes on my old Ford.

Maintenance is a non-issue for me, as I do all my own work anyhow. I don't really want to consider a new computer controlled diesel from the big 3, as I will have no way to do my own work. The advantage of the old mechanical IDI is that I can still work on it. With that in mind, I would only purchase a new Toyota, so I'll have access to the equipment to do my own service.

I'm sticking with the Ford for now, but the day for a new truck is coming. I don't know what I'll do when the time comes, since I've got so much into my IDI, and I know it's one of the nicest ones out there. I don't want to take a huge hit selling it, and it needs to go to someone who will appreciate it...

Ryan

I switch back and forth between the Moosestang and Moose Wagon just about every day. When I first got the Moose Wagon, I was really wowed by the smoothness, comfort, creature enemities, and so on. But I hate the torque converter behind the PSD. It seems like such a dog compared to my C6 in the Moosestang. I found eventually, that it didn't matter which truck I'm in, the drive to work is a drag, and neither vehicle makes it more enjoyable than the other. The Moosestang was free, the Moose Wagon about 20 grand. Payments on the Moose Wagon will go on for many years yet. Both are equally reliable. Both fill a niche and I don't want to get rid of either one, but if I have to get rid of one of them, I know which one it will be. Like all the financial adviser say.... get rid of debt.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I think Tonka has looked at PSD injector pricing. He replaced a bunch of em in his last truck.

DieselChemist

Reaction score
What about the safety of the newer vehicals versus the older ones. Especially if you have kids. I have thought about getting an older truck and building it the way that I want instead of getting a newer one but aren't the newer ones much safer?

tractorman86

Reaction score
I will take two at that price.:D

;Really me too!!!! i am making the payment on my girlfriends 04 ranger and just about cry when i sign the checks, 320 for payment and 135 for ins.:puke: :mad: -cuss !!! its theft i tell ya, i could have bought a new turbo kit by now and been a whole lot happier!