I've been bitten...

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I had a decent trade-in, GM employee discount, and zero interest for the life of the loan. Got a $43,000 truck with a payment that's only $100 more a month than the last new car I bought (Dodge Caravan) in 1994. Don't have to work on it. Been paying on it almost two years and I can still sell it for way more than I owe.

Tom

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What about the safety of the newer vehicals versus the older ones. Especially if you have kids. I have thought about getting an older truck and building it the way that I want instead of getting a newer one but aren't the newer ones much safer?

The brakes may be better on the new ones, but the bodies are only better in computer model only. Some of the cab wrecks on newer models I've seen in the boneyards in recent years I have to stop and have a moment for the deceased., the new things are pretty flimsy in comparison to the older ones, they don't take to being rolled AT ALL., I've seen plenty of stock older trucks go over and over and have folks walk out of the things. You don't want to try that with a new one.

DieselChemist

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, this was just something running through my head when thinking about a truck, air bags and whatnot.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered about the safety of new vs. old too. For me, its no question, I like the old diesel and I feel pretty safe in it. I have wondered if there was a way to retrofit air bags and such into the ultimate buildup.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I close the door on the Moose Wagon (the Excursion), the steel skin (if that is what it is) flaps. :rolleyes: That never happens on an IDI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online