It was just gone.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that is terrible!!! :puke:

Sorry to hear about that, I can't imagine someone stealing my truck...

I know of a few places out in the Mojave desert where you could plant a thief...

And its dry enough they shouldnt sprout.;Sweet;Sweet

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear about your truck, thats just wrong.
Put pics.up on the web and I'll keep my eyes open, even up where I live.
PLANT THEM DEEP AND THEY WONT SPROUT!!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear about your truck, thats just wrong.
Put pics.up on the web and I'll keep my eyes open, even up where I live.
PLANT THEM DEEP AND THEY WONT SPROUT!!

And promptly forget what you did that night ;Sweet

I used to work next door to this one gut, he woke up one night to someone in his house, so he pulled a bag over the dudes head and tossed him in the trunk, drove to the river and threw him off the bridge, plenty of mexican cursing, but no more unwanted guests ;Sweet

Reaction score
I'm sort of at the far other northeast corner of the US, but I hear from reputable sources that theft of trucks is rampant in Montreal (especially trucks visiting from the US), and apparently they're swiped by organized crime, put quickly in containers, and shipped off to markets in S. America, etc.

These older trucks probably have a lot of appeal in those 'other markets' as they are much simpler to work on/ keep going than newer trucks.

My truck is in unusually nice shape for its age, so I do have worries that it could someday be a target if I take it on a trip to urban areas.

Along those lines, anyone have suggestions on reasonable ways to make one of these relatively theft-deterrent without getting into all sorts of exotic/ expensive alarms? I hear that "the club" type steering wheel locks are useless, as the thieves just saw through the steering wheel with a cordless sawzall and take them off.

Thanks

Yeah,A guy i know lost his in canada. 03 F350 4 door dually powerstroke towing a 28FT enclosed snowmobile trailer. They stopped for fuel and food They left all there belongings in the truck went in the place to eat,Came out and the truck was gone!!! the fuel attendent said he remembered seeing a guy walk up and put a key in the door lock and drove away..............Oh they lost 4 pretty new sleds to

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Living in the city and in a building full of 18 year olds that think they are unstoppable has led to some pretty interesting situations. I trust NO ONE that I don't know really well when it comes to my truck, car, tools, apartment, etc. I caught someone screwing with my truck one night, and I went outside. He got the message REALLY fast. Then his buddies thought it would be funny to screw with my truck....I got them back. The dirtbike chain lube I sprayed all over their windows...inside and out, in their cars fixed them.

Best thing to do would be get a local newspaper ad, craigslist, signs at stores, on powerpoles and word of mouth. Never give up!!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theft deterant ive figured out
one bad gps they cant start it without either so once parked for a few hrs theyll abandonit
next the switched fss is a good one already mentioned
and my favorite a straight piped stroker motor youll hear it and grab the shotgun

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The injection pump is so easy to jump a wire to the shutoff solenoid but.... An electric lift pump with a hidden switch is probably as good as its going to get. They can start it but drive it far... Nope.... Maybe applying a wheel boot is a better idea.... Why a cheap punk would risk getting killed for stealing a rednecks truck is just beyond my thinking... I don't draw first blood but I will get all they have left.... A pd might get them in a trunk with a faint heartbeat... But nothing more than that....

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. Now as for taking action, if You pull a gun on someone better be ready to pull the trigger and not just pretending, wouldn't trust a scumbag like that, let him live and then retaliate, nope...

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the support and ideas.

I'm already looking for a replacement. It will almost certainly be an 85-86 IDI, I have some love for the bricks. All business, no excuses. Maybe this time a crew cab or 4x4... No hurry, though, I need to figure out a way to secure the gate better. I have already installed cameras.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the support and ideas.

I'm already looking for a replacement. It will almost certainly be an 85-86 IDI, I have some love for the bricks. All business, no excuses. Maybe this time a crew cab or 4x4... No hurry, though, I need to figure out a way to secure the gate better. I have already installed cameras.

Don't give up that easy!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Removing some tires would keep a truck safe. That plus a tire boot and an electric lift pump hidden switch would make taking an idi truck really tuff. Gees... Even a hidden glow plug cutoff switch would send the creeps packing... Unless they brought a can of either with them... Then that would be just plain old premeitation on their parts....

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Make sure you hit pause on the recording before you go outside after them! Nothing says security like a load of double ought buckshot fired from a full choke pump 12 gauge.

or if you wanna get a little messy you just bust out the 1.5oz hollow point deer slugs :backoff