Is this the one?

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'd probably be a good price if you could drive the whole bus home and possibly use alot of the parts for the swap and scrap/sell whats left.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, cool... I'm surprised there's not a little more buzz over it, this being Christmas and all... I figured someone would give it to themselves as a Christmas present!:sly
I'm tired of wrenching on junk as it is > let alone mess with a school buss engine :puke: ;Really :D

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
So.....what's special about it?

Its basically a littler version of the DT466.

From what I have read its just a smidgen bigger then a Cummins 5.9 but its the same displacement and built allot better.

The one in the bus is a DTA360 Even better yet!;Sweet

My buddy that works for the local bus garage said they didnt like them because they were ball less compared to the 466. I had to laugh and said it cant be any worse then an IDI in a bus and they can at least be built up to make more power easily.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why the discussion about this engine. Its come up before along with the DT466 but I never found out why they might (or might not) be desirable.

By the sounds of it, this is an industrial engine with potential to be overpowered but not many have tried? (compared to the cummins??)

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Why spend the time and money on a DT360 swap when you could just drop in a Cummins for the same price as the DT360 or LESS, and with the Cummins you know what power you will/can get out of it.

But for the sake of being different, it would be cool to see a DT360 swap.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why spend the time and money on a DT360 swap when you could just drop in a Cummins for the same price as the DT360 or LESS, and with the Cummins you know what power you will/can get out of it.

But for the sake of being different, it would be cool to see a DT360 swap.

they (the 360) from what I have read are a better built motor, way more capable of high horse than a 5.9 ********...

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good thing about a B series Cummins is that it was factory installed in a light truck. This fact alone makes it infinitely easier to swap into a similar platform (pick-up truck). It would take lots more thinking and fiddling to install a DT360 in your pick-up. If you like a challenge and something different, by all means go ahead and swap away. The argument over which is built better is pretty much moot in a pick-up application too. A B series will easily go 500k, not many people need much more longevity than that.
Travis..

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
close. I will have to research the thread on Powerstroke nation, apparently not in my bookmrks, thought it was...

but 100# or so over a ********. And crashn, those are good points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online