IP screw wont turn!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only time my truck blows smoke is when i short shift out of first, and its usually only because someone ****** me off.
its not the smoke that ammuses me, its the prius's that try to drive around it that makes me chuckle.
stock setting on the IP

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess i can say it again. im not gonna be dumping smoke all over the road. and i want a little more power. and ive heard turning up the pump just a little will give a tid bit more power.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
i guess i can say it again. im not gonna be dumping smoke all over the road. and i want a little more power. and ive heard turning up the pump just a little will give a tid bit more power.

Ok its a deal. Install the pyro so you have a before and after temp. Then turn up the fuel and please report back. I understand the short shifting cause some fool is blocking you or driving a prius. Its been years ago but I did give a free soot bath to some tite bike short wearing pedalist blocking my lane as I was hauling a load of horses. Had no place to go in traffic as this "entitled pedalist" blocked my lane. Even the wifey laughed at that one....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

question, what is your timing set at @ 2000 rpms?

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not too sure man. dont have the timing meter to check. but just recently i timed the pump roughly. it had symptoms of retarded timing so i just advanced it a little at a time until the symptoms and white smoke were pretty much gone. noticed a little power increase too, which always makes me happy.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not too sure man.

my suggestion is to get you truck acurately timed.
i was at 4*
bumping it up 3* really really helped my peformance.
do this before you even think about messing with the fuel pressure.
you will be thankfull

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ill look into that. but back to the question, are they supposed to be real hard to turn? like i feel like such a small allen would strip before itll turn that darn screw.

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of course ive only been trying to turn it with the stubby end of the allen wrench. do i need a cheater of some sort?

Black dawg

Reaction score
you wont get it to turn with the short end of the allen wrench. You are compressing a short stiff spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes