Fuel screw stripped

unclerunkel

Reaction score
89 f250 7.3 idk Banks turbo

Welp yall, I did the unthinkable. I've somehow stripped the fuel screw.

I just replaced my pump and I had the static timing fairly close, now I was just planning on turning up the pump a little bit to keep up with the turbo, and I've somehow stripped out the darn screw, I dont really know how, but the screws tighter than all hell and the 5/32s allen wrench just decided it didn't want that screw to have points anymore. I tried pounding on a torx bit but I couldn't get enough room to pound anything on, anybody got any ideas on how I could still turn the ole girl up, or am I just stuck with where it's at for now. I'm in no hurry since I'm picking up an old 12V to swap into her so it's not life threatening, just would be nice to get a lil bit more power outa the ole girl while I have her in?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my first thought was maybe you used a cheap wrench? I hope you can get it to work, otherwise it's not really user-serviceable.
Try loosening it first, for sure. Is there a possibility that it's already maxed out?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could be a really good opportunity to add another verse to David Allan Coe's song "you never called me by my name". He didn't mention stripping the nut in his trucks IP in the last verse and it really doesn't get any worse than that.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This could be a really good opportunity to add another verse to David Allan Coe's song "you never called me by my name". He didn't mention stripping the nut in his trucks IP in the last verse and it really doesn't get any worse than that.
I'm not sure how old that song is. It may be older that out IDIs are.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Here's another thought unklerunkle. You said that it's a new IP, but the screw stripped. It does have some resistance, but it shouldn't be that tight. Why don't you call the builder and see what he? they? have to say about this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online