IP priming questions

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I confessed earlier that this was for my 6.2 chevy and that i posted it in here because the pumps are virtually the same but the chevy section is way slower. I didnt mean for it to turn in to a long thread , sorry guys :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the smoke is blue, sweet and burns your eyes, most likely your timing is way off. Also, for your edification and the general knowledge of others, you cannot "fill" a pump to make it work any faster. The fuel that is in the body of the pump is "post injection" which means it is all on its way out, not in. If you try to pour fuel in through the top cover, all your doing is wasting time and voiding your warranty.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow , good to know Mel ! Once i connected the cold advance it primed immediately. The smoke is grey , very mildly sweet if at all. I found out it is burning oil , which is probably why the previous pump i had wouldnt idle down. I cant find a good 6.2 or 6.5 so i dont know what im going to do. Im waiting to hear back from an ebay member as to whether or not his compression tester works on these.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You still didn't answer which kit you bought?
One is supposed to work. Even then, you could use the hose and gauge and just get a adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont remember which kit it was , i just remember that it was the more expensive kit. It said that it would fit.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
#46800 is supposed to be the more complete kit. At $180.
It actually lists 6.2/6.5 instead of just saying gm diesels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stopped by hf. The 46800 kit was on sale , with a coupon it came to $112 , normally $180 :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard the harbor freight kit lasts for about 3 cylinders worth. I hope for your sake, that is not true.