IP priming questions

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have read some sad posts here about the harbor freight compression tools being nearly useless and wont do a complete 8 cylinders before they fail. Might want to watch ebay for a good high quality rotunda type tester. I got mine brand new never used for either 29 or 39 bucks. Others have gotten really good deals too.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I love about HF. If it doesnt work they are more than happy to take it back. Hopefully it will last for all 8 though ! :)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The burban has been put on hold for the moment. Our house heater is stuck on ... and with 90* weather it is pretty uncomfortable inside haha. So now I get to learn something new :)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did. It will only shut off if i flip the breaker. We cant use the ac until this is fixed. The house gets a full day of sun and we dont have any shade trees so it gets pretty hot. We are expecting some pretty warm days coming up which would make it over 100* in here so hopefully I can figure it out haha.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tore it apart , found the heater sequencer was melted. The ac condenser sits above it and sits in a tray for condensation run off. The tray cracked , water leaked down and shorted it out. I can fix everyt BUT the stupid tray because the ac system is going to have to be opened up to get access to it ...LAME!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well , the hf tester lasted all 8 cylinders. I had to pull the exhaust manifold because the adapter doesnt fit otherwise, but it worked. 7 cylinders have 400 and one , on the driver side , has 340.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way , i appreciate the suggestions for the ac. You guys are awesome!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like head bolts are going to be about $70 for both sides ... Head studs are $170 so I will probably go that route assuming it is just a leaking head gasket. I was pretty surprised to see 400 compression, hopefully this engine isn't smoked after all.