Introduction

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Cody, and I live in Camden, TN. I have been enjoying this site for almost three years now since i bought my truck, but for some reason, ive just been putting off becoming a member(terrible procrastinator). So now ive finally joined, and Im very excited and proud to finally be a member of this site. With all of the hours i have spent reading the opinions, experiences, and advise that everybody here has offered to fellow members, I actually feel like I already know many of you, lol:cheers:. I would like to thank everybody for all the help that this site has given me already since ive bought my truck, and thanks for all the help in advance from this point forward.
Now an introduction to my truck. Its a 91 F350 CC dually, 7.3, 2wd, ZF5, 4.10LS. Cool things ive aquired over time for it slowly- sunvisor, fiberglass runningboards, aluminum wheels, leather seats, fifth wheel hitch, cb, tinted windows, etc... factory turbo from a 94, new Banks DP still in box, hydroboost brake setup, SMF and clutch, and probably more that i cant remember right now.
After reading Mels head gasket write up(about 26 times:))( Thank you Mel!!!) i decided that i would replace my head gaskets before i installed the turbo on my high mileage motor, just to feel better about it, and incase i decide on some higher boost turbo plans in the future. One thing led to another, and now ive painted or replaced everything ive touched in the process, which means i just may run out of project money before it runs again;)
Well, if i keep typeing all thats built up in my mind to talk about, we will have a book on our hands.(I dont know any IDI ppl in person to talk to about em)So, Im excited and proud to be part of the site!!! Thanks

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Welcome aboard:cheers: Sounds like you already have quite a few hours put into your rig. You will enjoy being able to post your progress now........and being suspect to everyone's criticismsLOL:rolleyes:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the best forum about these trucks. Its always great to see another joiner that was a watcher. Please ask any questions before wrenching. Doing it that way will keep you from wrenching a mistake. An example is the removal of the injection pump with the gear cover and gear still attached... Thats a mess to fix when it comes off that way because the gears are so tuff to match up again... another is repairing the ZF 5 speed trans. When you attempt to remove the shafts and gears it will spray some detent clips and balls and springs all over the bench. Some have even thought they were opening up the trans fluid fill hole only to pop loose some internal clips and springs... then they had to remove the top of the trans and HOPE the parts were easy to find... Someone is on here every minute of every day too.

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! thanks crockettcreek, same goes for you 2. i think ill actually be in your neck of the woods in about a month. Going on a train ride in Etowah. i think thats close to you? So just hollar if you need a second hand on something. What better way to spend a honeymoon trip listening to the brand new wife complain while im helping a fellow IDI guy work on his truck. lol ;Sweet

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!! There is no better way to break in a new wife!!!! lol.
John

crockettcreek

Reaction score
I heard that LOL!! I live bout five miles north of Etowah. The train rides are a wonderful sight. You and your new bride will make memories to last a life time. Just a note to all on this board. Old red was lagging did not have power like it used to. So i checked all the usual and found that the static timing was off about a dimes width retarded. So i moved it back to original and wow what a difference just like driving a new one again.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. It sounds like you're headed down the right path for years of return from the investment you've made in your IDI. ;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard....nice to go.from lurker to poster.....pics.....this thread is useless wihout pics ;Poke seriously though welcome aboard n have fun.

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Different pics of my truck throughout different projects

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice clip change...I like the OBS compared to the Brick nose...You've clearly invested quite a bit of time and effort into it. Thanks for the pics and keep up the posts and pics...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cody, Welcome to OB!

Not too terribly far from you. I'm in KY.......... Bowling Green to be specific. Man, I can tell ya you need to make plans to come to the Rally next year. It's going to be in Indiana, and Travis is hosting. It's a great place to see different trucks and (for me.... more cool stuff that I want to add to my trucks), you meet a lot of good guys, and it's a great time.

I love a good project, and your truck will never completely be finished........ there is always something else you'll want to add/change.LOL

Heath

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Nice clip change...I like the OBS compared to the Brick nose...You've clearly invested quite a bit of time and effort into it. Thanks for the pics and keep up the posts and pics...

Thanks riotwarrior . I respect all of the brick nose guys out there that like em:hail, but I just couldnt make myself like that front end. My (soon to be)father-in-law wrecked the 96 F-superduty(that you can see in the background of pic) and he bought a Cummins truck, and wasnt sure what he was gonna do with the 'stroke truck...so I bought it, kept the front clip,tires, hydroboost, and exhaust and parted it out. It had a low mile Powerstroke that ran perfect, and everybody kept pushing me to do the conversion and make mine a 'stroke truck....for i second, i may or may not have considered itcookoo. Then i came to my senses and realized that was a silly idea(**** on computersLOL), and sold the 'stroke motor on Craigslist. But anyways, if I had to buy another, I would probably buy another brick nose and convert it too, because I LOVE the older interior. IMO, the dash just looks and feels so much better designed than the 92+ interiors do. buts thats just my opinion.:dunno