8-10-15 phone 445.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 96

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i sure in the hell do.
its garbage.
you may get it to seal, seeing only air is seen in this part, but i would never even think of using it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ideally I would not use it but if it was the last one on earth and I needed to drive the truck then yes.. I would use it. In addition to this if you do not have a turbo on this engine I would run it but seal this area well with rtv. I feel a turbo may blow out this area no matter what way you seal it. If you are VERY good with tig welding you might be able to weld this up too. Only problem with tig welding it is you have nothing to test weld on.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, come on Gary, how ya gonna Mig weld something covered with gasket material. In the first place, the gasket is recommended to be a one time use only. JB weld may do it, if it's assembled before the JB set's up. Even the torque sequence and bolt torque is important. Bolt torque--40-45 Ft lbs. Final torque sequence, start at #9 and go clockwise to #10.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D:D:angel:
Gees Bill you caught me big time there. Actually I "could" tig that well enough to work but would I take the chance of it leaking.. Well that depends on where I can and what I need to get home safely. Our engines can run without any intake but they sure will get dirty and oily under the hood.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can put in a damage claim to USPS. Most everything is Insured for $50. Don't know where you got it from that it had to be shipped, but any local auto store has them for around $60.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sad how so many of these come damaged. The real reason they are ruined is the **** poor way they are packaged. But then there is the ruff handling too. Several of mine have come ruined too and this goes back about 8 years now so it continues..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online