If you smog test what was your results?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a run in with a dmv guy recently so I had to smog my 1987 dually. My truck was Registration suspended till I got the smog. I waited a while to get my test done since the dmv guy acted like such a ******. My reg was expired when I got it done. Anyways I passed the test then went to renew my reg when the guy at the counter said there was a sanction against my truck and that I had to bring my truck to dmv to be inspected. Not knowing what this was all about I waited again but this morning I took my daughter's boyfriend for hid driving test and went to the inspection side to get a moving permit for the truck. What was happening was that even though my truck passed inspection, dmv was challenging the validity of the test and demanded to retest my truck. The punk dmv guy came out and gave my a permit that expired at 5 pm. He was waiting for me to show so when I got home I went to sleep until late in the afternoon before bringing the truck in to the inspection lab. I passed with flying colors again. This time I got to see the test happening. The inspector was confused during visual inspection of the engine and went into the office to look in some books about the emmisions system and what engine I had. After 15 minutes, I went into his office to find out what was wrong and gave him the needed information. I had to laugh inside myserlf because this was an experienced dmv smog inspector that goes out and tries to catch private sector inspectors doing bad smogs. So he goes out and straps my truck down to the smog dyno. I was surprised to discover that it was a Mustang dyno they use for smog inspections, same used to rate horsepower and torque.
So here is what I saw. He ran my truck up to 40 mph.
Idle: between .4 and 1% opacity
At 40: between 2 and 3% opacity
Washoe County Nevada(Reno) allows 40% opacity
Clark County Nevada(Vegas) allows 30% opacity

I set my truck to idle at 12-1300 because any lower and it shows visible smoke. I know that means my injectors are a little funky. The testing system doesn't have an idle speed limit so that works in my favor. I also have an ats 093 turbo on the truck which I'm sure helps burn the fuel more completely.
What are your results/ limits for your state and what dyno was used for the test?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa what a bunch of losers. I'm glad that so far FL doesn't so smog tests or safety inspections. You definitely aren't a gross polluter. You can idle down low with the rest of us if you get that fuel system up to *****, the problem could be retarded timing. I honestly don't know enough about how an opacity test is done to know how I compare, just that I see no smoke at all except at startup and if I stand on it, and even then it's hardly blacking out the sun.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GenLightning my truck is at my brother's house. The truck is regged Lyon County but because of an accident claim I don't drive it much. It has to be accessable for the claim. So because it was seen there is why this smogging problem.
Dmv also claims it's a gross misdemeanor to give false information of where you live. The dmv guy is trying to say I live at the location of me truck.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a knack for ******* off people who think they are in authority and try to tell me what to do. Even got some in big trouble. When my truck was being tested I was hoping the truck would break loose and cause some damage so I could sue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle