IDI 0-60 Times

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I thought I was doing good around 10.5-11 seconds. Oh well LOL

Slowest rig is probably a tie between the IDI and the B4V,
Second fastest is my TDI
Fastest by a huge amount in the excursion.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
The way I view it, my truck accelerates fast enough for me, I've got my toys to get there quick, but my truck has slow, steady acceleration empty until the speedometer is buried and beyond

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measure my acceleration in miles rather than seconds. It drives my wife crazy and then I toss in the phrase 'when you're important like me, people wait for you' and that sends her to the moon as I laugh my ass off.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you guys with slow trucks... that's a choice your making. We have had as many as 8 IDI's in this family, and all of them were capable trucks. This van came to me barely able to make it up to 55 MPH and now it maintains 65 up the steepest hill I can find. Not bad for an 8000lb truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU7MoI7Fz-c&feature=youtu.be

and no this is not the hill. Our road has a 35MPH speed limit. LOL

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not that i enjoy a slow truck. Its that im not in a finiancial position right now to buy $1100 in a pump and injectors or $3000 for a turbo

ammocan

Reaction score
Seriously, you guys with slow trucks... that's a choice your making. We have had as many as 8 IDI's in this family, and all of them were capable trucks. This van came to me barely able to make it up to 55 MPH and now it maintains 65 up the steepest hill I can find.
All of my previous joking a side my truck will easily do 70mph up hill with a load with my 4.10 gears. It wont go much faster than that but it is funny we are talking about 0 to 60 times. Its like drag racing tractors. -Drool I tested my 0 to 60 and Im not sure who was more bored, me or the truck. I dont really intend on high jacking the thread but the real question is who has pushed the limits of there truck. I pulled a 10,000LB trailer the other day and the truck kinda liked doing it and I was a little intrigued about what my trucks limits are. Anyone pushed the limits? Anyone snapped an axle testing the limits? Anyone hitch to a 30,000lb trailer just to see if they could do it?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
All of my previous joking a side my truck will easily do 70mph up hill with a load with my 4.10 gears. It wont go much faster than that but it is funny we are talking about 0 to 60 times. Its like drag racing tractors. -Drool I tested my 0 to 60 and Im not sure who was more bored, me or the truck. I dont really intend on high jacking the thread but the real question is who has pushed the limits of there truck. I pulled a 10,000LB trailer the other day and the truck kinda liked doing it and I was a little intrigued about what my trucks limits are. Anyone pushed the limits? Anyone snapped an axle testing the limits? Anyone hitch to a 30,000lb trailer just to see if they could do it?

One guy in Montana has some video's on youtube towing some extremely heavy trailers. Truck isnt fast, but its pretty awesome what a N/A can do (I think he re geared to 4.56's and has a T19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihcisfOShsk

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done 16-17k gross before. I feel it pulls it just fine.

I know a local old timer with a dually, banks kit and zf5 that will tow 30k gross with a gooseneck trailer.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just turned the pump up on mine one flat and it made a difference, accelerates much easier now only have a little smoke at full throttle and thats fine, not trying to smoke up the road

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you made me check on my way home.

91 7.3 ZF5 4.10s crew cab dually

0-60 in 29.5 seconds lol