Ice picking the valley pan?????

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Strangely enough, I'm using a piece of clear vinyl hose on the Moosestang. It was only supposed to be temporary, but it's holding up fine.
Turns out cleay vinyl has held up too on several of my mod that had to do with fuel or oil....
fuel return lines, fuel tank vent mod, RDT etc,etc
I think about a years worth & it may get a little brittle..

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out cleay vinyl has held up too on several of my mod that had to do with fuel or oil....

Vinyl is actually used in some OEM apps where exposure to fuel is constant, like fuel lines.

My 1973 IHC Travelall still has the original vinyl fuel/emission lines on it and they are in good shape. While not clear(it's black) nor as pliable as the hose you fellows are referring to, it is vinyl, and thirty+ years old vinyl at that.

Ken

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. One advantage of using clear vinyl in your RDT set up, is you can see if any oil is puddling from condensation.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
There are also some food grade clear nylon that will hold up to hot cooking oil transfer. Not sure the temp range, and it does harden up, but doesn't get "mushy" (for lack of a better word) like heater hose and such. It is not cheap, but what is. I have been told, you can find it at a commercial food type product supplier. The college has a culinary program and they are looking into it.