I think I "stole" a Dually,....

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Nice find Darrin ;Sweet Sounds like the typical radius arm bushings are what is making the front end noise. Or the caliper retaining pins are worn.
Beef has issues on both and drives me nuts.
Ya can drop it off here on the way back thru. :Sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yea... You got a good one. Sounds like it has a 7.3 with a C6 but thats ok too. What will you be doing with it now? Like we didn't know... :thumbsup:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yup, I DID, ;Sweet ..I drove down today with "Little Ed" , a red and rust 1986 F150 4x4 6 Cylnder 5 speed truck that I am now using as a shop truck. I took a tow dolly down and towed Little Ed back behind the Dually.

The truck ran and drove better than I expected. Real good power, no shakes or vibrations in the steering, suspension or motor. Brakes feel good, tranny shifts good. Overall I am real pleased with the purchase.

It Drove all the way back and didn't miss a beat. It is screamin for an overdrive, I kept it around 64 mph the motor was buzzin! (needs a new tac pickup) It almost feels like it has a 4:56 gear in it!

The Bonus is the pickup load of parts that he gave me with the truck including an extra injection pump, another Diesel C6 Tranny that has a receint rebuild, exhaust of an 04 PSD, Radio, Heater controlls, Dash parts, flywheel,, and some other misc stuff! He appreciated me clearing out his garage, as did I.

All in all, a loong but Great Day. Scotty and I spent about 8 hours on the road because of Chicago construction and accidents.

Nice lookin' truck Darren... Did you ever sell the big blue/white cc you had for sale a while back??

Yup, Other than the Dually that I just got, I was offically out of diesels..

Yea... You got a good one. Sounds like it has a 7.3 with a C6 but thats ok too. What will you be doing with it now? Like we didn't know...

Yup, You know, getting it ready to sell, and maybee even make a little money on it! ;Sweet

Nice find Darrin Sounds like the typical radius arm bushings are what is making the front end noise. Or the caliper retaining pins are worn.Beef has issues on both and drives me nuts.
Ya can drop it off here on the way back thru.

The funny thing is, I never heard any front end noise,..just some rear end noises, but only after that White Castle stop,....Hummmm.....

It is great when your hobby is your job! ;Sweet
Later,
Darrin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.