I miss my truck...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been at the body shop for over 2 weeks :sly

I've been driving my rockcrawler daily while the IDI is out. Getting in and out of a truck on 37's is getting hard. I don't remember it being so difficult when I was 40lbs lighter cookoo

Ryan

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
so whats goin on with your truck, you just having it paint or what:dunno and how bout some pic's of your rockcrawler:sly

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is getting it repainted so it matches the ad description on craigslist. He couldn't figure out how to change the ad and just figured he'd paint the truck. Wouldn't want to get sued for false advertising.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
It's been at the body shop for over 2 weeks :sly

I've been driving my rockcrawler daily while the IDI is out. Getting in and out of a truck on 37's is getting hard. I don't remember it being so difficult when I was 40lbs lighter cookoo

Ryan

aw come on! my f-250s on 37's, although no lift, and my scout will be too! only the scouts 18 inches higher than it was from the factory....LOL seems everyone but me complains gettin in it!

-Jon

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clearcoat on the hood, cowl, and roof was showing it's age from years in the New Mexico sun, and the passenger side cab corner was a little rusted through. The bodyshop owed me a favor, so I'm having them paint the truck and fix the rust. Seeing as how we just can't afford the new truck payment, I've decided to keep the IDI and continue to keep it nice. Even if we do buy a new truck, the IDI is going to stay, as I'll just never get back what I have in it (at least thats what I decided after my "whats it worth" thread a few months back)

Here's what I'm driving at the moment:

Attachments

• Chile Challenge 2008 007.jpg
    Chile Challenge 2008 007.jpg
    846 KB · Views: 31

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
sweet Toy! my first 4x4 was an '84 with the solid front axle and 22R. i ran the wheels off that till the body mounts failed. i could grab the front fender and lift the entire body off the frame. at that point i decided it wasn't road worthy.:dunno

dang rust belt.-cuss